Product Liability Attorneys
Brown & Crouppen, P.C.
St. Louis • Kansas City • Throughout Missouri and Southern Iliinois
Products liability law protects consumers from goods that cause them harm. You may want to pursue a products liability lawsuit under the following circumstances:
- A product was defectively manufactured. Use of sub-standard materials or careless workmanship caused the product to malfunction
- A product was defectively designed. The product is designed in a way that renders it dangerous, regardless of how it is manufactured
- You were improperly warned about the product. This is sometimes referred to as marketing defects. It happens when the dangers inherent in a product are not obvious to the consumer and are not disclosed to the consumer.
- Strict liability. You suffer injury or harm caused by the product itself. Under strict liability, the manufacturer of the product is held responsible even if there was no negligence involved in the production of the item
- Negligence. You suffer harm or injury because a product was manufactured at a careless or substandard level, or with substandard parts. If you seek to pursue a product liability lawsuit on the grounds of negligence, you and your attorneys are expected to prove that the product manufacturer’s workmanship fell below an acceptable level of conduct, and that such negligence caused the product to inflict harm on you.
- Breach of warranty. The manufacturer offered guarantees about a product which led you to use it in a certain way and you were hurt. There may be a breach of express warranty, implied warranty of merchantability, or implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. If applicable, your attorney can help you determine which type of warranty was breached.
If you fall victim to a malfunctioning or defective product, speaking with an experienced and skilled attorney is best way to protect yourself. A knowledgeable lawyer can assess your case, and advise you on how best to proceed.
You and your attorney will decide to base your product liability claim on one of the following criteria:
Speak With an Experienced Products Liability Lawyer Today
If you have questions regarding a potential product liability lawsuit, do not hesitate to contact the knowledgeable attorneys at Brown & Crouppen. Call us toll free at 877-895-9191 for your free legal consultation or save time with our online contact form.