Missouri | Kansas | Southern Illinois
Accutane has been manufactured by Roche USA Pharmaceuticals since the early 1980’s and was developed to treat severe nodular acne. Accutane is marketed under the following brand names:
- Accutane ® (isotretinoin) Capsules
- Amnesteem ® (isotretinoin) Capsules
- Clavaris TM (isotretinoin) Capsules
- Sotret ® (isotretinoin) Capsules
Kansas City, MO Acutane Side Effects Lawyers
Although these medications may be highly effective in treating severe acne, the use of Accutane has been linked with serious side effects. Those include:
- Birth Defects: If taken while pregnant, miscarriages or premature births can occur. Accutane can also cause deformities in babies. Physicians who prescribe Accutane and patients who want to take this medication are required to participate in iPLEDGE, an FDA-mandated website.
- Mental Problems and Suicide: Some patients have suffered from depression or have developed serious mental problems, either while taking Accutane or after stopping. The FDA requires the drug’s manufacturer to provide warning labels and consent forms to patients.
- Irritable Bowel Disease: Even though Roche Pharmaceuticals established a possible association between Accutane and Inflammatory Bowel Disease in 1984, the company failed to strengthen warnings to patients and prescribing physicians. In February 2010, a New Jersey jury awarded $25.2 million in compensatory damages to a man who proved his colon was removed after suffering from a disease caused by Accutane.
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: Accutane has been linked to the toxic reaction knowns as Stevens Johnson Syndrome. Read more about Stevens Johnson Syndrome on our website.
The FDA has posted its concerns about Accutane on its website .
Please consult your physician before discontinuing any medication.
At Brown & Crouppen our experienced team of Accutane and defective drug lawyers provide tough, aggressive representation for Accutane victims and their families. We’ll find answers, hold negligent companies responsible and may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us toll-free at 1-877-448-5415 for your free legal consultation or save time with our online contact form.
Contact the Attorneys of Brown & Crouppen
Call us toll free at 877-448-5415. Or contact us online. Either way, the consultation is free. An experienced lawyer from Brown & Crouppen will promptly contact you and give you the help you need.