Kansas City Wellbutrin Lawyers
Missouri | Kansas | Southern Illinois
Wellbutrin/Zyban or Buproprion is a popular antidepressant. It is used to treat depression, anxiety and other disorders, as well as for smoking cessation. It is marketed under the names:
These disorders are very serious, however use of Wellbutrin has been linked to serious side effects, especially when used by women during pregnancy. If your child was born with birth defects, and you took Wellbutrin during pregnancy, you may be entitled to compensation for the serious injuries suffered by your baby.
Serious Birth Defects
The use of Wellbutrin and similar drugs has been linked to several types of birth defects. All are serious, and many require surgery, hospitalization, and significant medical care for the infant. In addition, these types of serious birth defects often cause overwhelming heartache for the family involved.
- Birth Defects Linked to Use of Wellbutrin during Pregnancy
- Several types of birth defects have been linked to the use of Wellbutrin during pregnancy.
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension in Newborns (PPHN) is a serious birth defect linked to use of Wellbutrin in pregnant women. PPHN refers to a baby who is unable adapt to breathing outside the womb. PPHN is a serious disorder, treated with oxygen delivery and the use of ventilator systems.
- Left outflow tract heart defect A study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology shows a connection between left outflow tract heart defects in babies and exposure to buproprion during pregnancy . The study showed that this serious injury happened in babies exposed to Wellbutrin during the first few months of pregnancy. Left outflow tract heart defect is a rare but serious condition where the main artery to the body is too narrow. It can only be corrected surgically.
- Club Feet Bilateral Club Feet refers to a serious birth defect in which the baby’s feet are deformed. While this serious birth defect occurs from time to time in women who did not use anti-depressants during pregnancy, there appears to be a link to Wellbutrin use.
- Klinefelter’s Syndrome Use of Wellbutrin during pregnancy has been linked to incidences of Klinefelter’s Syndrome, in which a male baby is born with an extra “X” chromosome. This serious side effect can cause fertility and reproductive problems later in life.
Please consult your physician before discontinuing any medication.
The lawyers at Brown & Crouppen are committed to the needs of their clients and their families. That is why we stay on top of emerging information in dangerous drugs. We provide tough, aggressive representation for families injured by the side effects of Wellbutrin taken during pregnancy. Call Brown & Crouppen toll-free: 800-536-4357 for your free legal consultation, or save time with our online contact form.
Contact the Attorneys of Brown & Crouppen
Call us toll free at 800-536-4357 . Or contact us online. Either way, the consultation is free. An experienced lawyer from Brown & Crouppen will promptly contact you and give you the help you need.