Food Poisoning /Tainted Produce
St. Louis Food Poisoning Attorneys
Tainted Produce Lawyers
Missouri • Kansas • Southern Illinois
Is your food safe?
Food poisoning causes over 5,000 deaths and more than 300,000 hospitalizations in the United States every year . Nearly any food can become contaminated with dangerous, sometimes lethal bacteria if it is not handled or cooked properly.
Types of food poisoning can include:
- E. coli, or Escherichia coli (for more information, see below)
- Hepatitis A
- Mercury poisoning
Serious Illness Demands Serious Action
If you become sick as a result of food poisoning you should:
- See a doctor.
- Save what is left of the food so that it can be analyzed.
- Report the incident to your local Department of Health.
- Save all written evidence of purchase such as receipts and checks.
- Obtain names and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- Notify the food seller of the purchase and the illness and make a note of the name and position of person notified.
- Contact a lawyer at Brown & Crouppen at 1-800-536-4357 to represent you if you have medical bills or other bills associated with your injury.
E. coli, or Escherichia coli, is one of the more notorious causes of food poisoning. Most strains of E. coli are harmless, but the E. coli O157:H7 strain produces an extremely powerful toxin that is known to cause a dangerous infection – resulting in bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramps, kidney failure or death.
Foods commonly contaminated with E.coli include undercooked ground beef, sprouts, lettuce, salami, unpasteurized milk and juice. The E. coli infection can be prevented by thoroughly cooking the meat you eat and washing your hands carefully after handling raw meat.
If you or a loved one has suffered from food poisoning or a foodborne illness, contact one of the personal injury lawyers at Brown & Crouppen by calling 1-800-536-4357 to discuss your case today. We will use our experience, knowledge and resources to achieve the best possible results for you and your family.
Contact the Attorneys of Brown & Crouppen
Do not settle for less than fair compensation. Call Brown & Crouppen toll free at 800-536-4357 for your free legal consultation or save time with our online contact form.