Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck Accident Lawsuits
Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys
Trucking accidents involve large, over-the-road tractor-trailers, or “semis.” They are generally the most deadly we see at Brown & Crouppen. Large trucks can be fatally dangerous.
Brown & Crouppen, P.C. has helped the victims of trucking accidents since 1979.
Too Big, Too Fast
- The statistics are frightening: Every year in the United States, trucking accidents cause over 5,000 deaths and 80,000 injuries.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation defines a “large truck” as a truck with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 10,000 pounds .
- A fully loaded, over-the-road semi can weigh up to 80,000 pounds without needing any extra permits .
- The average passenger car only weighs about 4,000 pounds.
- The majority of the injuries and fatalities in trucking accidents are the passengers in the car, not the truck drivers themselves .
- Trucks can legally drive as fast as 70 miles per hour in many places.  And many truckers speed in order to deliver their trailers on time.
- The federal limit on driving commercial trucks is 11 hours in a 14 hour period, followed by at least 10 hours off  BUT
- Drivers are only able to sleep 5 hours at a time before starting their next shift behind the wheel . Truckers face tremendous pressure to deliver their cargo on time.
Brown & Crouppen – Knowledge on Your Side
Brown & Crouppen lawyers know how to pursue a trucking accident case.
When someone comes in to our offices to talk about a trucking accident, our lawyers know what to do.
- We address the liability, or negligence, issues in the accident. We know what it takes to prove who was at fault for the accident.
- The evidence in accidents involving semis can be very different than in an accident between two passenger vehicles. Our lawyers know what evidence to collect.
- We also know how to show the types and extent of the injuries that the victims of trucking accidents suffer. Injuries aren’t just physical. They can be emotional, mental and economic injuries, as well. Lost wages, medical expenses and the loss of a loved one’s companionship can all be injuries, too.
- Our lawyers know which documentation to gather, which experts to consult and which evidence needs to present to a jury.
- Our lawyers know how to fight the insurance companies. It is not unusual for more than one insurance company to be involved in a claim after a trucking accident. We have the experience to handle the complicated claims process.
Call us toll free: 1-877-448-5415. Or contact us online. Either way, the consultation is free. An experienced lawyer from Brown & Crouppen will promptly contact you and give you the help you need.