Bruce E. Hopson
Bruce is an attorney at Brown & Crouppen, where his practice focuses primarily on matters involving personal injury and wrongful death. Prior to joining Brown & Crouppen in 2019, Bruce operated his own firm for more than 15 years.
Bruce is licensed to practice in Missouri. He received his law degree from the University of Missouri School of Law. While attending law school, Bruce served on the Board of Advocates, a student-run organization that provides opportunities to enhance public speaking and writing skills through practical experience in various advocacy-based competitions. During his last year, he was inducted into the Order of Barristers. Prior to law school, Bruce graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism. During his undergraduate years, Bruce earned a varsity letter in Men’s Swimming in 1985, 1987, and 1988, and was captain from 1987 to 1988.
When not practicing law, Bruce continues to pursue his passion for the sport of swimming. He has served on the Board of Directors and numerous committees for U.S. Masters Swimming for the past two decades and continues to compete in both pool and open-water competitions. He has been an open-water national champion and is frequently ranked in the top ten for his age group in pool competitions.
Areas of practice
- University of Missouri School of Law — Columbia, Missouri
Juris Doctor, 1991
- University of Missouri — Columbia, Missouri
Bachelor of Journalism, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, President 2011-2012
- The Missouri Bar, Young Lawyers’ Section Council Member
- American Bar Association, GPSolo Council Member 2007-2011
- Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers
Awards and Recognition
- St. Louis Diversity Job Fair “Ronda F. Williams Spirit of Diversity Award,” 2016
- St. Louis Business Journal “Diverse Business Leader,” 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
Get the expertise and experience you need
Working with an experienced attorney like Bruce is simple. Call us at 800-536-4357 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.