The Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program provides financial support and benefits to those who suffer from a physical or mental disability and are unable to work. Even those who are eligible to receive social security disability are often denied benefits.
If you or a loved one has been denied social security disability benefits or needs help with the application process, get help from a lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm. Call (816) 670-4701 to schedule a free case evaluation or get help with your case online from our legal team.
How our Kansas City social security disability lawyers can help
At Brown & Crouppen Law Firm of Kansas City, our lawyers help individuals navigate the application process to obtain the social security disability benefits and financial support they deserve.
- Determining eligibility for disability benefits
- Reviewing medical records and evidence for the application process
- Assisting clients with the application and submission process
- Representing clients at hearings before an administrative law judge
- Filing an appeal if an application or claim is denied
With the help of a social security disability attorney, individuals are more likely to be approved for benefits. In fact, studies have shown that people who are represented by a lawyer in social security disability cases are more likely to be approved than those who do not have legal assistance.
Types of social security disability benefits
There are two types of social security benefits that individuals may apply for:
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI): Provides benefits and income for those who have worked and paid social security taxes but now suffer from a disability that prevents them from obtaining income.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Provides individuals who are medically disabled with supplemental income regardless of whether they have past employment.
The Kansas City social security disability lawyers at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm have decades of experience with SSI & SSDI benefits and application processes. Our lawyers help clients gather and present sufficient evidence to obtain the social security income and benefits they deserve – even if their disability claim has been previously denied.
Who qualifies for disability benefits?
The law defines disability as being unable to do any substantially gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of time – no less than 12 months.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) uses these 5 criteria to determine eligibility:
- Income is less than $1,260 per month
- Have a restricted ability to perform basic work tasks (such as walking or lifting)
- Have a condition that is listed on the SSA’s disabling medical conditions
- Be unable to perform previous work-related tasks
- Be unable to secure gainful employment in another field or capacity
Get help from a social security disability attorney at our Kansas City law office
Get help with your social security disability case by calling (816) 670-4701 or requesting a free case evaluation from our team. The social security disability attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm have helped 100s of individuals in the Kansas City area secure the benefits and financial support they need.
An experienced attorney will help you throughout the legal process to improve the chances of a successful outcome and reduce the time and stress involved along the way.