Social Security Disability (SSD) provides financial support with monthly benefits to individuals who are unable to work due to a physical or mental disability. The process to apply for social security disability can be complicated, time-consuming, and can often result in a denied claim – even to individuals who are eligible.
If you or a loved one is struggling to get social security disability benefits, get help from a lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm. Call (314) 501-9510 to schedule a free case evaluation or get help with your case online from our legal team.
How our St. Louis social security disability attorneys can help
At Brown & Crouppen, our lawyers help individuals navigate the SSD application process and obtain the social security disability benefits they deserve.
- Determining eligibility for social security benefits
- Reviewing medical records and other evidence to support the application process
- Helping clients with the application and submission process
- Representing clients at hearings before an administrative law judge
- Filing appeals if a claim is denied
With the help of a social security disability lawyer, clients are much more likely to be approved for benefits on the first try or after an appeal. In fact, studies have shown that people who are represented by a lawyer are more likely to be approved for SSD than those who go through the process without legal assistance. Since 1979, Brown & Crouppen Law Firm of St. Louis has helped clients recover millions in total social security income and benefits.
“Brown and Croupen helped me win my disability case. It was harder for me because I’m under 50 years old. They made sure all the info from my doctors was submitted and the judge approved my case. They go above and beyond to help in anyway they can. I definitely recommend B&C to all of my friends and family.”
– Jodie N.
Understanding the types of social security disability benefits
There are two types of social security benefits that individuals may apply for:
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI): Provides income and benefits for individuals who have worked and paid social security taxes in the past but now suffer a medical disability that prevents them from obtaining income.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Provides those who are disabled with income regardless of whether or not they have been employed in the past.
The social security disability lawyers at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm have extensive experience with the SSD & SSI application processes and can help clients gather and present this evidence to obtain the social security income and benefits they deserve.
Who qualifies for disability benefits?
The law defines disability as the inability to do any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) uses these 5 criteria to qualify individuals for eligibility:
- Have an income less than $1,260 per month
- Have a restricted ability to perform basic work-related tasks (such as walking or lifting)
- Have a condition that is listed on the SSA’s disabling medical conditions
- Be unable to perform previous work-related tasks
- Be unable to secure gainful employment in another field or capacity
Get help from a social security disability lawyer at our St. Louis law office
Get help with your claim by calling (314) 501-9510 or requesting a free case evaluation from our legal team. The social security disability attorneys at Brown & Crouppen can play an important role in helping individuals secure the income and benefits they need if they are unable to work due a medical disability.
Our attorneys help clients throughout the entire legal process to increase the chances of approval, and they reduce the time and stress involved.