Our lawyers work on a contingency-basis, meaning there is no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. Our Kansas City law office is located in the Grand Complex at 2345 Grand Boulevard #675, Kansas City, Missouri. Call (816) 670-4701 to request a free case evaluation. One of nine locations across Missouri and Illinois, our Kansas City office is located near Crown Center, Union Station, and the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. This office serves the metropolitan Kansas City area, including Leavenworth, Liberty, Excelsior Springs, Gladstone, Shawnee, Lenexa, Olathe, Belton, Grandview, Blue Springs, Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, Leawood, and Independence.
Get Help From A Personal Injury Attorney At Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
As one of the largest personal injury law firms in the Kansas City area, you can count on the personal injury attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm to provide the help and support with your case. We have a long history of supporting clients and achieving success:
- 40+ years of experience handling personal injury lawsuits
- $1+ Billion in financial compensation recovered for our clients
- 30x higher settlements than what original insurance company offers
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering, and other damages by filing a personal injury claim. Whether you’ve been injured in Kansas City or surrounding areas in Jackson or Wyandotte County, a personal injury attorney may be able to help you recover the compensation – whether you were injured as a result of a car accident, motorcycle accident, or work injury. Often, insurance companies attempt to settle for less or deny a claim. A personal injury lawyer can help build a strong case, negotiate with the insurance company, and ensure you get the maximum compensation for your claim.
Call our Kansas City office to find out if you have a case or find out if you have a case by submitting an online request.
Types of Cases Handled By Our Kansas City Accident & Injury Attorneys
At Brown & Crouppen of Kansas City, our personal injury lawyers provide caring support and legal services across the following practice areas:
Our lawyers have helped 1000s of accident and injury victims recover compensation for their injuries, and have helped our clients to recover over $1 Billion in compensation since 1979 between verdicts and settlements.
DETERMINING IF YOU HAVE A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM
In Kansas and Missouri, there are 3 common bases for filing an injury claim including:
- Negligence – Defined as an individual or party who failed to act in accordance with a standard of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have acted under the same circumstances. For example, a driver of an automobile who fails to stop at a stop sign, resulting in an accident at an intersection.
- Strict liability – Holds an individual or party liable for an action without concern for their intent or mental state. For example, the manufacturer of a defective product is liable if their product results in harm or injuries to others even if the manufacturer did not intend to cause harm.
- Intentional Wrong – Any action intended to cause harm, which can include assault & battery, sexual abuse, or intentional infliction of emotional distress.
To build a strong personal injury case, there must be proof of damages, which is why it’s important to keep a record of expenses such as receipts, hospital bills, and pay stubs as evidence to support your case.
If you’ve suffered a serious personal injury due to someone else’s negligence, strict liability, or intentional wrongdoing, speak with one of our Kansas City personal injury attorneys by calling to request a free case evaluation. Our attorneys and legal team help to answer any legal questions, understand the unique situation of the injury victim, and determine the next steps to seek compensation.
Evaluating How Much A Personal Injury Case Is Worth
Each case is unique, and are therefore depending on may factors including the following:
- Severity of injuries – Injuries are often categorized by severity. The most severe types of injuries are catastrophic injuries and wrongful death, which have a higher claim value than injuries that are recoverable such as wounded tissue, fractures, or broken bones.
- Medical Expenses – All medical costs and medical treatments (historical, outstanding, and future) of injury victims are used to determine the level of financial compensation – both in court and by insurance companies.
- Lost wages – Those who suffer from serious injuries are likely unable to work for an extended period of time or even permanently. The impact of lost wages are factors when determining the total value to be paid for a personal injury claim.
- Disability – Individuals who suffer from a life-changing and serious injury may file a disability claim for financial assistance.
At Brown & Crouppen, our lawyers work to provide injury victims and their families support and legal representation as one of Kansas City’s largest and highest-rated personal injury law firms. Our legal team consists of over 250 individuals, allowing us to have the resources to be highly responsive and highly successful when taking on large personal injury cases.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does a Kansas City personal injury attorney cost?
Our personal injury lawyers at Brown & Crouppen work on a contingency-fee basis where there are no upfront costs — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. We only get paid a percentage of the final settlement or verdict if we win.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim?
The statute of limitations in Kansas is 2 years, while the Missouri statute of limitations is 5 years. The limitations period starts on the date that the accident occurred and applies to all people who suffered injuries.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
At Brown & Crouppen, our average settlement for a personal injury case is approximately $62,600. However, the average settlement amounts of personal injury cases vary and are largely dependent on the severity of injuries.
How long will my personal injury case last?
The average personal injury claim can take between 6 months and 1 year to settle. Cases that go to trial often take longer than 1 year, but the length of any case is highly dependent on the complexities of the injuries, number of individuals involved, and the cooperation of insurance companies.
Why should I hire a personal injury lawyer?
The personal injury lawyers at Brown & Crouppen all share a goal to help others and act in the best interest of our clients to ensure that the outcome of their case is fair and just. However, we don’t take on every case because not all cases are a good fit for our firm. When this happens, we ensure you receive the best representation possible from our extensive network of attorneys.
If You Don’t Get Paid, We Don’t Get Paid
We believe that everyone deserves access to the best legal representation possible. That’s why we work on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay anything upfront. In fact, you only pay if we win. That’s just one of the ways that we take care of our clients and level the playing field against big insurance companies. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, get help from a personal injury attorney at Brown & Crouppen by requesting a free case evaluation.