If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in the Kansas City area, the lawyers at Brown & Crouppen can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our pedestrian accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there is no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. Since 1979, we’ve helped clients recover over $1 Billion in compensation as a result of verdicts and settlements, including those who have suffered fatal and serious injuries from pedestrian accidents.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers help those who have been injured to pursue compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost income, and other compensatory damages. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a pedestrian accident, call (816) 670-4701 to request a free case evaluation from our Kansas City personal injury attorneys. At Brown & Crouppen Law Firm, we have a team of over 250 legal professionals with an extensive attorney network to provide the best legal representation for pedestrian accident claims.
Get The Compensation You Deserve For Your Kansas City Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrian accidents often lead to severe injuries. Our Kansas City pedestrian accident lawyers can help you build a strong personal injury lawsuit and obtain the compensation you deserve for damages.
Pedestrian accident victims may be eligible to receive compensation for the following damages:
- Pain & Suffering
- Property Loss & Damage
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Wrongful Death
At Brown & Crouppen, our personal injury law firm has a long history of negotiating with insurance companies to maximize the compensation received from settlements. Our pedestrian accident lawyers are also prepared to fight with the full force of the Brown & Crouppen legal team if a settlement agreement is not reached, making trial necessary.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents Handled By Kansas City Attorneys
There are many causes of pedestrian accidents and many different case sceneries handled by our attorneys, which include accidents caused by:
- Distracted Driving: A common cause of pedestrian and car accidents is distracted driving. This includes talking, texting, consuming food or beverages, and fidgeting with music or radio settings.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Both Missouri and Kansas have an alcohol limit (also known as BAC) of 0.8. Those who drive under the influence of alcohol or other drugs may be held liable for injuries and found guilty of criminal charges.
- Poor Weather Conditions: With inclement weather conditions, drivers may be found liable for a pedestrian accident due to failure to control speed to avoid an accident.
- Right-Turn Accidents: Cars or other motor vehicles may have limited visibility or may be distracted when making right turns where crosswalks are present.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws: Many states share traffic laws that force drivers to yield to pedestrians. Among other traffic violations, failure to yield is one of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents.
No matter what injury you are facing, our pedestrian accident attorney will help you to build a strong claim while maximizing compensation
Legal Considerations for Kansas City Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents that occur in Kansas City may may be apply to either of the following states:
- Missouri: In a comparative fault state such as Missouri, damages are allocated based on fault. For example, if a negligent driver was found to be 100% at fault, the driver’s insurance policy should (in theory) be liable to pay for 100% of the damages. In cases where the driver was found to be 80% at fault for the pedestrian accident, their insurance company would be liable to pay for 80% of the damages.
- Kansas: In “no-fault” states, such as Kansas, each party’s own insurance provider is liable to pay for damages such as medical bills (regardless of who was at fault and caused the pedestrian accident). The insurance company of the at-fault driver or pedestrian may get involved in a claim if the total damages pass a certain threshold.
Additionally the legal considerations and processes for cases in Kansas City may be affected by the degree of injuries that were caused as a result of the accident.
- Common injuries from pedestrian accidents: Injuries from pedestrian accidents often result in moderate or catastrophic injuries, which can include traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries, fractured or broken bones, burns, internal organ damage, and permanent disfigurement.
If you or a loved one was a pedestrian involved in a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible to pursue compensation. Regardless of where the pedestrian accident occurred, the extent of personal injuries and damages, or who was at fault for the injuries, a pedestrian accident attorney can pursue compensation.
Get Help With Your Kansas City Pedestrian Accident Case
If you or a loved one has suffered fatal or serious injuries due to being involved in a pedestrian accident, the lawyers at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm can help you pursue compensation. A pedestrian accident lawyer can help you file a claim, build a strong case, and maximize compensation. Get started with a pedestrian accident case by requesting a free case evaluation from Brown & Crouppen by calling (816) 670-4701 or telling us about your case online.