ST. LOUIS PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
This content has been written by a team of legal writers and reviewed by Terry Crouppen
Brown & Crouppen is one of the largest personal injury law firms in the Midwest. Our attorneys bring experience in a wide variety of personal injury cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, property liability, dog bites, defective products, nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, and wrongful death. Since 1979, our personal injury attorneys have helped recover over $1 Billion in compensation for our clients.
- Get Help And Support From Our St. Louis Law Office
- Types Of Cases Handled By Our St. Louis Accident & Injury Attorneys
- Client Testimonials For Our St. Louis Personal Injury Attorneys
- Determining If You Have A Personal Injury Claim
- Evaluating How Much A Personal Injury Claim Is Worth
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- If You Don’t Get Paid, We Don’t Get Paid
Our lawyers work on a contingency-basis, meaning there is no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. Our St. Louis law office is located in One Metropolitan Square at 211 N Broadway Suite 1600, St. Louis, Missouri. Call (314) 501-9510 to request a free case evaluation. One of nine locations across Missouri and Illinois, our downtown St. Louis office is our headquarters location and is home to our national campaigns.
GET HELP AND SUPPORT FROM OUR ST. LOUIS LAW OFFICE
As one of the Midwest’s largest personal injury law firms, you can count on us to help you. Our law firm has a long history of helping support clients and achieving success:
More than $1 Billion recovered for injury & accident victims
Settlements 30x higher than what insurance companies originally offered
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence (no fault of your own), you may be able to file a personal injury claim and pursue compensation for medical expenses, loss of income, and emotional distress. As a an-fault state, multiple parties can be at fault for accidents. Depending on the type of accident and injuries, insurance companies are often involved and attempt to settle. However, insurance companies don’t always offer fair and just settlements that compensate for damages. Whether you’ve been injured in St. Louis as a result of car accident, motorcycle accident, or work-related injury, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you recover the compensation you need.
Call our St. Louis office to find out if you have a case or request a free case evaluation online.
WHAT IS A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM?
A personal injury claim is a civil legal action that gives accident victims the right to seek compensation for their injuries, costs, and suffering.
In a personal injury claim, the injured party, known as the plaintiff, demands compensation from the party responsible for causing the injury, known as the defendant.
Personal injury claims can be based on negligence, intentionally harmful actions, or strict liability.
- Negligence refers to a defendant’s failure to exercise reasonable care, causing the plaintiff to get hurt. You can file a personal injury claim if you’ve been injured because someone else was negligent. Examples include distracted driving, property owners who fail to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition, and physicians who make mistakes while treating patients.
- Intentionally harmful actions—like assault, battery, and sexual abuse—are crimes. They also give rise to civil liability. If you’ve been the victim of an intentional tort, you have the right to seek compensation from your attacker.
- Strict liability means that a defendant can be legally responsible for a plaintiff’s damages regardless of how careful they were. Strict liability typically applies in cases involving product liability, dangerous drugs, and dog bites. In a strict liability action, you don’t have to prove that the defendant was negligent or caused intentional harm. Rather, you simply have to show that you got hurt because of something under their control.
Did you get hurt through little-to-no fault of your own? Then you may have the right to file a personal injury claim and demand compensation from the responsible party.
At Brown & Crouppen, we’ve been helping clients build successful personal injury cases for over 40 years. Because of our ability to help our clients, we’ve been recognized as Winningest Plaintiff Attorney by Missouri Lawyers Media, Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers, and the Best Law Firm in St. Louis by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Call our accomplished litigators in St. Louis to learn more about our legal services and discover how we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve
TYPES OF CASES HANDLED BY OUR ST. LOUIS ACCIDENT & INJURY ATTORNEYS
At Brown & Crouppen our personal injury lawyers provide caring service and outstanding legal representation across a range of practice areas include the following:
Car accidents have become a common occurrence in St. Louis, and they often result in severe injuries and fatalities. According to a report by the Missouri Department of Transportation, there were more than 150,000 accidents in Missouri in 2019, resulting in over 900 fatalities and 47,000 injuries. If you are involved in a car accident in St. Louis and sustain injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A car accident lawyer in St. Louis can help you navigate the legal system and recover damages for your injuries.
Truck accidents can be devastating, causing severe injuries or even fatalities. In the St. Louis area alone, there were over 4,500 accidents involving large trucks between 2014 and 2018, according to the Missouri Department of Transportation. The aftermath of a truck accident can be overwhelming, leaving victims with physical, emotional, and financial impacts. Fortunately, St. Louis truck accident lawyers at Brown & Crouppen can help those affected by these tragic events.
Motorcycle accident lawyers in St. Louis are well-equipped to help victims of motorcycle accidents recover compensation for their injuries. They have the expertise and experience necessary to pursue the maximum compensation possible for their clients.One of the primary ways that motorcycle accident lawyers can assist victims in St. Louis is by conducting a thorough investigation of the accident. They will gather evidence, such as accident reports, witness statements, and medical records, in order to build a strong case. They will also consult with accident reconstruction experts to help determine who was at fault for the crash. This investigation will help the lawyer establish negligence on the part of the other driver or other parties who may be liable for the accident.
Employees who get hurt on the job in St. Louis can often be eligible to receive benefits through an employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. However, taking on an insurance company and getting maximum benefits can be challenging. Our St. Louis workers’ compensation lawyers help injured workers navigate the claims process, build strong claims, and ultimately recover benefits to offset the devastating effects of their workplace injuries.
Slip & Fall Accidents
In Missouri, slip and fall accidents are a widespread issue, and many people are injured each year. According to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, falls are the leading cause of non-fatal injuries in the state.
Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere, and can often result in serious injuries or even death. St. Louis slip and fall lawyers at Brown & Crouppen specialize in helping those who have been injured in these types of accidents recover compensation and hold liable parties responsible.
When an accident in St. Louis is fatal, the right to file a legal claim for damages isn’t lost. Instead, it shifts to surviving family members or the victim’s estate. Our St. Louis wrongful death attorneys help grieving families demand justice and get compensation from those responsible for their loved ones’ deaths.
Our award-winning St. Louis personal injury attorneys also advocate for clients in cases involving:
Brown & Crouppen has helped thousands of accident and injury victims in St. Louis and throughout the Midwest, successfully recovering over $1 Billion in settlements and verdicts on their behalf. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, need help with a workers’ compensation claim, or suffered an injury as a result of medical malpractice, a personal injury lawyer at Brown & Crouppen can help you pursue compensation by requesting a free consultation—just call (314) 501-9510 to request a free consultation.
CLIENT TESTIMONIALS FOR OUR ST. LOUIS PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
The accident and injury attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm of St. Louis have helped 100s of individuals recover compensation for their claim.
If you’ve suffered injuries as a result of an accident in St. Louis or surrounding areas in Missouri, a personal injury attorney at Brown & Crouppen can help you determine if you have a case and build a strong claim.
DETERMINING IF YOU HAVE A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM
In the state of Missouri, there are 3 common basis for filing an injury claim including:
- Negligence – The most common basis for personal injury claims, which is defined as an individual or group of individuals who failed to act in accordance with a standard of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have acted under the same circumstances. For example, a driver of an automobile who runs a red light.
- Strict liability – Holds an individual or party liable for an action without concern for their intent or mental state. For example, the manufacturer of a defective product is liable if their product results in harm or injuries to others even if the manufacturer did not intend to cause harm.
- Intentional Wrong – Any action intended to cause harm, which can include assault & battery, sexual abuse, or intentional infliction of emotional distress.
To build a strong St. Louis personal injury lawsuit, there must be proof of damages, which is why it’s important to maintain documentation of supporting evidence such as receipts, medical bills, and pay stubs.
A St. Louis personal injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, and other damages. If you’ve suffered serious injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, strict liability, or intentional wrong, speak with one of our St. Louis personal injury lawyers immediately by calling to request a free case evaluation. Our attorneys and legal team help to answer any legal questions, understand the unique situation of the injury victim, and determine the next steps to seek compensation.
EVALUATING HOW MUCH A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM IS WORTH
Each personal injury claim is unique, and are therefore depending on may factors including the following:
- Severity of injuries – Injuries are often categorized by severity. The most severe are catastrophic injuries and wrongful death lawsuits, which are going to have a higher claim value than injuries that are recoverable such as torn tissues, fractures, or broken bones.
- Medical Costs – All medical bills and medical treatment (historical, outstanding, and future) of injury victims are also factored in to determine the level of financial compensation – both in court and by an insurance company.
- Lost wages – Individuals who may suffer from a serious injury are likely unable to work for an extended period of time or even permanently. Both the present and future are factors when determining the total value to be paid out as part of a personal injury case.
- Disability – In addition to lost wages, those who suffer from a life-changing injury may file for disability for financial assistance.
No matter your injury, our personal injury lawyers work to pursue the maximum compensation for your claim to help with financial recovery for your losses. Our attorneys represent injured victims and their families across the greater St. Louis, MO area.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
HOW MUCH DOES A ST. LOUIS PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY COST?
At the Brown & Crouppen Law Firm, our St. Louis personal injury attorneys work on a contingency-basis, which means there are no upfront costs — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. Upon accepting your case, we’ll agree to be paid on a percentage of the final settlement or verdict.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE AN INJURY CLAIM?
The Statute of Limitations in Missouri is 5 years for personal injury claims. The limitations period starts on the date of the accident and applies to all people who were injured.
HOW LONG WILL MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE TAKE?
The average personal injury claim takes between 6 months to 1 year to settle. Cases that go to trial often take longer than 1 year. The length of the case will ultimately depend on the complexities of the personal injury lawsuit, the number of parties involved, and the cooperation of insurance companies.
HOW MUCH IS MY CASE WORTH?
The average personal injury settlement is approximately $62,600. However, each case is unique and settlement amounts will vary. This is because settlement amounts are largely determined by the degree of injuries suffered. See personal injury settlement example amounts and cases for more information.
WHY SHOULD I HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY?
The accident and injury lawyers at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm all have a common goal to help, and act in the best interest of our clients to ensure that they recover compensation that is fair and just. However, not all cases will be a good fit for our law firm. If that’s the case, we have an extensive network and we can help you find the right lawyer for your case.
IF YOU DON’T GET PAID, WE DON’T GET PAID
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, let the personal injury lawyers at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Our attorneys provide legal representation for car accidents, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, catastrophic injuries, and wrongful death lawsuits throughout the St. Louis area including Arnold, Clayton, Kirkwood, Ferguson, Fairview heights, Edwardsville, Washington, O’Fallon, St. Charles.
Our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay any upfront legal fees. You only pay if we win. That’s just one of the ways that we take care of our clients and level the playing field against big insurance companies. Contact the law offices of Brown & Crouppen in St. Louis by calling (314) 501-9510 to request a free consultation or submitting an online request.
Find areas served and an office near you in Missouri:
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
211 N. Broadway Suite 1600 St. Louis, MO 63102
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULATION