This page has been written, edited, and reviewed by a team of legal writers following our comprehensive editorial guidelines. This page was approved by Founding Partner, Terry Crouppen who has more than 40 years of legal experience as a personal injury attorney. Our last modified date shows when this page was last reviewed.
Buses provide essential transportation for thousands of people every day, especially school children, yet the accidents they cause can have catastrophic results for their passengers. School bus accidents result in emergency room visits by 17,000 children each year in the United States. On average, 19 children die each year as a result of school bus-related accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, request a free case evaluation from a lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm.
EXPERIENCED PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS ON YOUR SIDE
Brown & Crouppen bus accident attorneys understand the complexities of bus accident cases. When you contact us to talk about your school bus or transit bus accident, our experienced team will handle everything.
When it comes to getting the compensation you or your loved ones deserve, you might not know where to start — and the insurance company won’t help. That’s why we offer a free case evaluation: We’ll tell you honestly whether your personal injury claim is worth pursuing, and if so, what steps we will take to win.
Sometimes the driver of the school or metro transit bus is at fault for the accident. Sometimes the driver of another vehicle is responsible. The experienced attorneys at Brown & Crouppen can gather and investigate the evidence to provide legal advice on your bus accident case.
Some of the steps we take to ensure your case if handled with the utmost care and consideration include:
- Free Consultation: The lawyer begins with an initial consultation with the potential client. During this meeting, they gather key information about the accident, injuries and other relevant details to evaluate the strength of the case.
- Case Acceptance: If the lawyer believes there is a strong case, they will likely accept the client and proceed with the investigation.
- Collection of Details: The lawyer collects all necessary details related to the case. This includes medical records, police reports, photographs, videos, and any witnesses’ contact information. The lawyer may also obtain statements from the victim and any witnesses.
- Examination of the Scene: If necessary, a personal injury lawyer may visit the accident site to understand the scenario better and collect any necessary evidence. Sometimes, they may even look for evidence that may have been missed initially.
- Expert Consultation: After gathering preliminary information, the attorney often consults with experts. This could include medical professionals to assess the severity of injuries and treatment options, or accident reconstruction experts to help determine who was at fault.
- Legal Research: The attorney will conduct legal research to understand the laws and regulations applicable to the case. This can help them to build a strong case in favor of their client.
- Drafting of Legal Documents: Once all the necessary evidence and information have been gathered, the lawyer will begin drafting legal documents such as letters of demand, complaints, and summaries to be forwarded to the insurer or defendant’s lawyer.
- Negotiation: The attorney typically engages in initial negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company in an attempt to resolve the case without a trial. They will advocate for the client’s interests and seek fair compensation for injuries and damages.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If the negotiation process is unsuccessful, the lawyer will proceed with filing a lawsuit in the appropriate court. This includes drafting and filing procedural documents to begin a formal case.
- Discovery Process: After the lawsuit has been filed, the two sides exchange evidence and information about the case in a process called discovery. This typically involves sharing documents, conducting depositions, and potentially further negotiations.
- Mediation or Trial: If the case is not settled during discovery, it can either go to a mediation process where a neutral third party tries to help the parties settle or move to trial where the case will be presented before a judge or jury who will determine the outcome.
- Collection and Distribution of Settlement or Judgment: Should a settlement be reached or the case won at trial, the attorney aids in the collection of the judgment or settlement and distribution to the client, after subtracting legal fees and other costs. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
Our Auto Accident Case Results
St. Louis auto accident
client injured in by a drunk driver
Kansas City rear-end accident
Bus Accident Videos
GET A FREE CASE EVALUATION FROM THE PERSONAL INJURY TEAM AT BROWN & CROUPPEN
Our bus accident law firm is one of the highest rated law firms in the Midwest. At Brown & Crouppen, all of our bus accident attorneys share the same goal – to get justice for people who have been injured. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from a bus accident, get help from a lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm. Getting started with your bus accident case is easy. You can call us at 888-802-8156 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our free case evaluation form.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION