ST. LOUIS PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER
This content has been written by a team of legal writers and reviewed by Terry Crouppen
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a pedestrian accident in St. Louis or surrounding areas, request a free case evaluation from Brown & Crouppen Law Firm. Often, pedestrian accidents result in serious injury and are caused due to distracted driving or driving under the influence (DUI). Our pedestrian accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are upfront costs — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
For 40+ years, our pedestrian accident attorneys have helped our clients recover compensation, and have helped obtain over $1 billion in compensation as a result of settlements and verdicts. We help individuals who have suffered pedestrian accident injuries pursue compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other compensatory damages. If you’ve been seriously injured in a pedestrian accident in or near St. Louis, Missouri, call (314) 501-9510 to request a free case evaluation or find out if you have a case by completing our online form.
A RECENT CLIENT TESTIMONIAL FOR OUR ST. LOUIS PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Our pedestrian accident attorneys have helped dozens of individuals recover compensation for damages.
Having a pedestrian accident attorney handle your claim can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers can help you file a successful claim, and build a strong case to ensure your are fairly compensated for damages.
HOW THE PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT BROWN & CROUPPEN CAN HELP
Most pedestrian accidents in St. Louis are often caused by distracted or drunk driving and lead to serious injuries. A pedestrian accident lawyer can help prove that the negligent driver was at fault for the injuries and build a strong claim to support your case.
- Negligence: Drivers may be found negligent if they failed to obey traffic laws. This includes failure to follow speed limits, stop lights or signs, texting and driving, and driving under the influence. For example, a driver may be found negligent in a pedestrian accident case if the driver ran a red light, resulting in a collision with the pedestrian.
- Fault: The driver must be found at fault for the injuries, meaning that the pedestrian accident must have caused the injuries or aggravated pre existing injuries or underlying conditions. For example, after the driver ran the red light and hit the pedestrian, the pedestrian suffered injuries including broken bones, multiple fractures, and contusions.
If you or a loved one was injured in a pedestrian accident in St. Louis, MO, or surrounding areas, you may be eligible to seek compensation. Our lawyers can help prove driver negligence and build a strong claim and recover compensation for the following:
- Medical bills: Often injured pedestrians require medical care such as surgery, emergency care, and rehabilitative therapy. Due to broken bones, traumatic brain injury, or lacerations, ongoing medical treatment and therapy may be necessary. No matter the degree of injuries (minor or severe), the St. Louis pedestrian accident attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
- Lost income: In some cases, pedestrian injuries cause victims to be unable to work.
- Non-economic damages: Intangible damages such as pain and suffering or emotional distress may be awarded.
- Punitive damages: In some rare pedestrian accident cases, additional compensation may be awarded by a Missouri court to punish the negligent party. This may occur if the negligent driver’s behavior is found to be egregiously insidious.
- Property damages: If any personal property was damaged due to the pedestrian accident, our attorney can help you recover compensation for property damage.
- Pedestrian fatalities: In some accidents, pedestrian injuries may be fatal and lead to the loss of a spouse, family member, or friend. At Brown & Crouppen, our lawyers are prepared to file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for surviving family members.
Common pedestrian accident injuries include broken bones, lacerations, and bone fractures. No matter what injuries resulted from the accident, a St. Louis pedestrian accident lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm can help you recover compensation for damages.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT CLAIM?
The Missouri statute of limitations for personal injury states that individuals have 5 years from the date of the accident or the date that the injuries were discovered to file a lawsuit. Those who wait longer are extremely likely to have their claim or case dismissed.
Due to Missouri laws and other legal considerations, getting help from a pedestrian accident attorney early on in a case can provide many advantages including the collection of evidence, witness statements, legal documentation, and ultimately filing a successful personal injury claim.
CAN A PEDESTRIAN BE AT-FAULT FOR AN ACCIDENT?
Pedestrians may be found negligent and at fault in some cases. For example, a pedestrian may cross a street unlawfully or without regard for approaching traffic (also known as jaywalking) and may be held at fault or partially at fault for the accident.
HOW MUCH COMPENSATION CAN I GET FROM A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWSUIT?
At Brown & Crouppen, the average pedestrian accident settlement is worth $36,253.73. This includes pedestrian accidents in St. Louis and surrounding areas (including other states). The average settlement amount also includes accidents where only minor injuries occurred. Ultimately, the compensation paid from a pedestrian accident claim is highly dependent on the damages incurred as a result of the accident..
GET HELP FROM A ST. LOUIS PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER AT BROWN & CROUPPEN
Our lawyers represent individuals who have suffered fatal and serious injuries from car accidents, including those caused by distracted driving, driving under the influence (DUI), and reckless drivers. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed as a result of being hit by a car or motor vehicle, a St. Louis pedestrian accident lawyer at Brown & Crouppen can help you seek financial compensation.
Getting started is easy. Get help from our legal team by calling us at (314) 501-9510 or requesting a free case evaluation online. We have offices across the St. Louis area including Arnold, Clayton, Kirkwood, Ferguson, Fairview heights, Edwardsville, Washington, O’Fallon, St. Charles.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
211 N. Broadway Suite 1600 St. Louis, MO 63102
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULATION