ST. LOUIS BUS ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
This page has been written, edited, and reviewed by a team of legal writers following our comprehensive editorial guidelines. This page was approved by Founding Partner, Terry Crouppen who has more than 40 years of legal experience as a personal injury attorney. Our last modified date shows when this page was last reviewed.
Bus accidents can be devastating for all parties involved, and you have the right to get the compensation and justice you deserve. Brown & Crouppen has experienced St. Louis bus accident attorneys who can help you navigate your bus accident case from start to finish.
- Bus Accident Statistics In St. Louis
- What Can A Bus Accident Attorney Do?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Bus Accident Lawsuit In St. Louis?
- What Compensation Can I Receive After A Bus Accident?
- Who May Be Held Liable In A Bus Accident?
- When Should I Contact A Lawyer?
- What Is The Cost Of Hiring A Bus Accident Attorney?
- What Makes Brown & Crouppen The Best Choice?
- Hire Brown & Crouppen To Represent Your Bus Accident Case Today
Whether it’s a city bus, school bus, charter bus or privately owned bus that’s involved in the accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills and other losses.
Brown & Crouppen has represented a wide range of personal injury cases, helping our clients recover more than $1 billion in compensation since 1979. If you or someone you know has been involved in a bus accident, request a free case evaluation by calling us at (314) 501-9510 any time.
BUS ACCIDENT STATISTICS IN ST. LOUIS
According to data collected by the state of Missouri STARS Reporting system, from January to May 2022, there were 114 small bus accidents with nine to 15 passengers and 352 large bus accidents with 16 or more passengers.
- Out of all incidents involving large buses, 99 accidents led to personal injuries, resulting in 339 total injuries from January to May 2022.
- Of small bus accidents in St. Louis, 26 resulted in personal injuries of some kind, with a total of 54 individuals injured in these cases.
- On large buses, approximately 67 percent of accidents occurred in broad daylight, and on small buses, nearly 85 percent of all accidents were during the day.
WHAT CAN A BUS ACCIDENT ATTORNEY DO?
While many of us like being independent and handling situations on our own whenever possible, a personal injury case should not be one of those situations. When you hire a bus accident attorney, you’ll gain a number of significant benefits.
At Brown & Crouppen, our experienced attorneys can help you with your personal injury case by:
- Answering your questions and offering legal advice
- Helping you collect evidence regarding your case and using relevant case law to support your personal injury claim
- Interviewing witnesses for additional details and information
- Hiring experts in required areas
- Negotiating with various insurance companies on your behalf
- Preparing legal documents and filing your lawsuit
- Acting in your best interests to obtain a settlement or represent you in court
Hiring an experienced attorney can be instrumental in ensuring your claim is represented in the best way possible and helping you receive maximum compensation.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A BUS ACCIDENT LAWSUIT IN ST. LOUIS?
According to the statute of limitations in Missouri, you have up to five years after the date of your injury to file a personal injury claim regarding your bus accident.
For the best chance at receiving the compensation you deserve, we recommend reaching out to an attorney immediately following your bus accident. If you have medical bills and other expenses that were caused by your accident, your attorney will be able to help you get your bills covered under your personal injury claim.
WHAT COMPENSATION CAN I RECEIVE AFTER A BUS ACCIDENT?
If you are physically injured in a bus accident in St. Louis, you may be entitled to financial damages and compensation depending on the specifics of your case. The state of Missouri does not cap damages from personal injury cases, meaning there is no limit to how much you can receive.
If you have injuries from your accident, you are entitled to receive financial compensation for all medical expenses that resulted because of your bus accident. This includes any hospital visits or stays, physical therapy services, imaging, medications, surgeries or operations.
If you cannot work following your accident, you will be able to receive compensation equal to lost income or wages. You can also receive damages equal to future income if your accident resulted in a disability or injury that affects your future ability to work.
PAIN AND SUFFERING
Suffering through a traumatic accident can cause you to endure pain and suffering throughout the entire endeavor, and you may be able to claim damages and receive compensation for the mental pain and suffering that resulted from your accident.
WHO MAY BE HELD LIABLE IN A BUS ACCIDENT?
Depending on the specifics of your bus accident, several different parties could potentially be liable for your injuries.
With school buses, the school district or school board will most likely be held liable for any damages caused by the accident. In a situation where the school hired a private bus operator to run its school buses and provide services for students, the hired company may be held liable.
For public city buses, the cities or municipalities of the bus involved in the accident will most commonly be held liable. If the city outsourced its bus service to a private company or contractor, those entities would be liable for damages or injuries.
With private charter buses and tour buses, liability falls directly on the companies who owned and operated the bus that caused the accident.
WHEN SHOULD I CONTACT A LAWYER?
There are certain situations where it makes sense to hire an attorney. In the following scenarios, we recommend contacting a lawyer as quickly as possible:
- Any situation where you’ve suffered permanent or severe injuries
- If you’ve experienced the loss of income due to your injuries
- If you have medical expenses from your accident
- If the other side is disputing liability, even though you are certain they were involved
- If your insurance company is refusing to pay out your claim or wants to pay out significantly less than it’s worth
WHAT IS THE COST OF HIRING A BUS ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
Depending on the law firm you choose, the cost of hiring a personal injury attorney will differ. However, most attorneys use a contingency fee agreement where you pay absolutely nothing up front for representation.
In a contingency fee arrangement, your lawyers will only be compensated if they win your case, giving them more motivation and incentive to work hard on your behalf.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
WHAT MAKES BROWN & CROUPPEN THE BEST CHOICE?
Brown & Crouppen is one of the most reputable and largest personal injury law firms in the entire Midwest. Our St. Louis bus accident lawyers have the experience required to get you the maximum compensation and justice you deserve from your case. Our long history of supporting clients and achieving success includes:
More than $1 Billion recovered for injury & accident victims
Settlements 30x higher than what insurance companies originally offered
All of the attorneys at Brown & Crouppen work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay nothing up front, and our lawyers only get paid if they help you win your case. This fee arrangement is beneficial for our clients and our attorneys since it ensures our personal injury lawyers are incentivized to do everything they can to make your case a success.
GET A FREE CASE EVALUATION FROM THE PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT BROWN & CROUPPEN
Our personal injury law firm is one of the highest rated law firms with several locations throughout the Midwest. At Brown & Crouppen, all of our personal injury lawyers share the same goal – to get justice for those who have been injured. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from an accident, get help from a personal injury attorney at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm.
Getting started with your car accident case is easy. Call us at 888-803-2581 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our free case review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION