Some of the most common catastrophic injuries are those to the neck and back. These injuries may be caused in motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, or as a result of repetitive stress injuries that occur over time. Regardless of the cause, these injuries are often serious, contributing to high medical costs and preventing employees from returning to work which may require workers’ compensation benefits to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
At Brown & Crouppen, our personal injury attorneys have handled severe and catastrophic injuries, including neck and back injuries. We have the experience and skill to guide clients through the process with ease, helping them recover benefits efficiently and effectively. A personal injury lawyer can help you with your claim and pursue financial compensation. If you or a loved one has suffered a back or neck injury, request a free case evaluation from Brown & Crouppen – our attorneys can help you collect compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Back & Neck Injuries
There are several different types of back and neck injuries that are common after an accident. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence (no fault of your own), a personal injury lawyer can help provide answers to legal questions, determine the strength of your case, and help to pursue a personal injury claim to recover compensation. These are the common types of neck and back injuries resulting from accidents.
- Sprained or strained neck – Injuries that occur to the muscle or ligament in the neck due to stretching or tearing can cause mild to severe pain. Minor neck strains often heal quickly, but severe strains can be a source of long-term and even chronic neck pain.
- Herniated disc – Damage to spinal discs often result in herniated discs. Commonly, these injuries are a bulging disc which is an injury that occurs when a spinal disc pushes through a crack, causing the disc to flatter or bulge to a side of the spinal canal.
- Nerve damage – Also known as peripheral neuropathy, nerve damage is a common occurrence after a catastrophic accident can affect the neck and back, causing severe and chronic pain from permanent nerve damage.
- Spinal cord injuries – Commonly caused by auto accidents, spinal cord injuries are damage to any part of the spine or vertebrae. Spine injuries may be categorized as thoracic spine injuries (upper back), lumbar spine injuries (mid and lower back), or spinal cord injuries which often result in paralysis or loss of muscle movement.
- Paralysis – In some cases, paralysis or loss of mobility is common after suffering severe neck or back injuries which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
Most common back and neck injuries occur as a result of a motor vehicle accident, medical malpractice, slip and fall accident, or workplace accident. At Brown & Crouppen Law Firm, our back and neck injury attorneys know how these injuries can significantly harm your ability to perform your job properly and without pain. Our experience in getting workers the compensation they deserve is extensive.
Minor neck and back pain can quickly escalate into something more serious. It is important to get any injury checked out right away following an accident. Regardless of the cause, these injuries may be serious enough to prevent employees from returning to work and may require workers’ compensation benefits to pay for related expenses.
At Brown & Crouppen, we have handled personal injury claims for decades, including neck and back injuries. Our lawyers have the experience and skill to guide you through a personal injury case with ease, helping you or your loved one get the benefits and financial compensation you deserve.
GET THE CARE AND HELP YOU DESERVE
It is always important to consult with an attorney regarding on-the-job injuries, including back injuries. Brown & Crouppen will investigate the facts and determine whether you or your loved one has a right to lost wages or workers’ compensation. We will also investigate whether additional benefits such as Social Security disability, Medicare, or private disability insurance payments are available.
We will explain the laws to you, based on the state you live in, and will let you know all of your options for recovering the benefits that you deserve.
REQUEST A FREE CASE EVALUATION FROM BROWN & CROUPPEN LAW FIRM
If you or a loved one has experienced a back or neck injury after an accident, get a free case evaluation from a personal injury attorney at Brown & Crouppen to determine if you’re eligible to receive compensation. You can call us at 888-803-1307 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Product Liability
- 3M Earplugs Lawsuit
- Defective Airbag Attorneys
- General Motors Ignition Switch
- Hernia Mesh
- Hip Replacement
- Industrial Equipment
- Infant Formula
- IVC Filter
- Lead Paint
- Morcellators and Leiomyosarcoma
- Paragard® Copper IUD
- Roundup Lawsuit
- Food Poisoning/Tainted Produce
- Talcum Powder Lawsuit
- Vehicle Defects and Recalls
- Philips CPAP Machine Recall
- Dangerous Drugs
- Medical Malpractice
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Wrongful Death