COMMON REASONS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS ARE HIRED
To succeed on a personal injury claim, you must prove two things:
- Somebody was negligent.
- That negligence caused your injuries.
It is not enough to prove only one or the other. Both must be proven, or the case fails. For this reason, many choose to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer to help navigate the legal process, determine the value of the claim, negotiate with the insurance company, and to increase the overall chance of a favorable outcome.
BENEFITS OF HIRING A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
1. Save time and effort – Hiring a good personal injury attorney frees you to focus on your recovery instead of insurance and paperwork while we work on them for you. At Brown & Crouppen, your legal team will perform the following:
- Investigate the circumstances in which you were injured.
- Identify all negligent parties.
- Interview any witnesses.
- Gather evidence.
- Investigate all sources of recovery.
- Speak with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Keep you up to date on the progress of your case.
- File a lawsuit, should that become necessary, and prepare your case for trial.
2. Seeking maximum recovery – At Brown & Crouppen, we are focused on obtaining the maximum compensation for your injuries. We know how to show the type and extent of injuries, both physical and emotional. We know how to prove your pain and suffering.
3. Protection from insurance companies – The insurance company does not exist to protect you. It exists to make a profit. The claims adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible on personal injury claims. Their job is to protect their own interests.
4. Protecting your medical history – Many insurance companies want to dig into your medical history, hoping to find a pre-existing condition that they can use to deny compensation for your injuries. A personal injury lawyer can help prevent a fishing expedition.
5. Experience – A lawyer knows how to preserve and present evidence, including medical records and bills, dash cam recordings, dispatch logs, phone records, and even vehicles.
6. Balancing the scales – Insurance companies have lawyers already. They had them before you got hurt. You should have one, too.
CONTINGENCY FEES AFTER HIRING A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Most personal injury lawyers, including Brown & Crouppen Law Firm, are compensated through contingency fees. A contingency fee is paid through insurance proceeds such as settlement or a favorable verdict in court. This allows us to provide quality representation without needing our clients to pay any money upfront.
If we don’t win your case, we don’t get paid. You never have to write us a check for anything.
CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE HIRING A LAWYER
If you think you might need a personal injury lawyer, consider the following issues:
- Liability/fault – Sometimes, liability is easy to determine. For example, if you were rear-ended at a stoplight by a drunk driver who was texting, it is obvious who is at fault. Other times, liability can be confusing. Contracts, lease agreements, or multiple defendants can complicate the issue.
- Medical treatment – Medical records document the cause and extent of your injuries. Without them, it becomes almost impossible to prove you were injured.
In other words, if you were at fault for the accident, or you did not get hurt, there is little a personal injury attorney can do for you.
GET HELP WITH YOUR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of an accident due to no fault of your own, get help from an experienced personal injury attorney. The lawyers at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm have helped clients recover over $1 billion in compensation.