ST. LOUIS SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEY
This page has been written, edited, and reviewed by a team of legal writers following our comprehensive editorial guidelines. This page was approved by Founding Partner, Terry Crouppen who has more than 40 years of legal experience as a personal injury attorney. Our last modified date shows when this page was last reviewed.
Slip and fall accidents are premises liability claims, which occur after a person has suffered injuries after slipping or tripping on someone else’s property i.e workplaces, hotel accident, factories, supermarkets, gas stations, government premises etc. In most cases, slip and fall injuries are caused by poor property conditions such as uneven pavement, wet and icy surfaces, or poorly maintained property. Often, slip and fall injuries are caused by uneven, wet, icy, or otherwise poorly maintained surfaces. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident near St. Louis or surrounding areas, request a free case evaluation from a lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm.
Get help from our slip and fall lawyers by calling (314) 501-9510 or request a free case evaluation online. Since 1979, we’ve helped clients recover over $1 billion in compensation as a result of verdicts and settlements, including slip and fall accidents. A St. Louis slip and fall lawyer will hold the negligent property owner accountable and will help you seek financial compensation for damages.
With a team of over 250 legal professionals, Brown & Crouppen Law Firm can provide the resources and support for your personal injury claim.
HOW BROWN & CROUPPEN LAW FIRM HELPS SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT VICTIMS
In slip and fall accidents, injuries often occur due to property owner negligence. A St. Louis slip and fall lawyer can help by holding the property owner accountable.
To have a successful slip and fall case, the following must be proven:
- Negligence: The property owner must have acted negligently. This means that they were liable for creating the conditions that led to the slip and fall accident. For example, a local business owner may be found negligent if a customer on the property slipped and fell on the doorstep due to ice.
- Fault: The accident and associated injuries must have been caused by the slip and fall accident. This means that the accident must have caused the injuries or aggravated pre-existing conditions that lead to injuries. For example, after falling on the icy steps outside the local business, the customer required medical treatment for suffering a broken forearm after trying to break the fall.
The slip and fall accident attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm of St. Louis can help determine if you have a case, prove fault, and build a strong slip and fall claim to help you recover compensation.
Our attorneys can help you seek compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical costs: Injuries from slip and fall accidents often require medical attention. This can include urgent medical care, surgery, emergency transportation, and physical therapy to complete recovery. Common slip and fall injuries include broken bones, contusions, and fractures but can also include those that are more severe such as a traumatic brain injury. Our slip and fall attorneys can help no matter what injury resulted from the accident. They can help you obtain compensation for medical expenses.
- Lost wages: In some slip and fall accidents, victims are not able to work due to the severity of their injuries. The attorneys at Brown & Crouppen take lost income into account when seeking your financial compensation.
- Non-economic damages: Damages that are intangible are referred to as non-economic damages. This includes pain & suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Punitive damages: Additional compensation may be awarded by a Missouri court if the property owner was determined to act in a way that was egregiously insidious.
- Property damages: A slip and fall lawyer can also help you recover compensation for personal property that may need to be repaired or replaced as a result of the accident.
RECENT SLIP AND FALL SETTLEMENTS NEAR ST. LOUIS
At Brown & Crouppen Law Firm, our slip and fall lawyers have a proven track record of holding property owners accountable and have helped clients recover millions as a result of settlements and verdicts.
If you believe that a property owner may be responsible for you or a loved one’s injuries after a slip and fall accident, request a free case evaluation from a slip and fall accident lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm.
LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR ST. LOUIS SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
For slip and fall accidents that occur in Missouri, a person has 5 years from the date of the accident or date the injury was discovered to file a slip and fall claim (See Missouri statute of limitations).
Due to the statute of limitations and other considerations under Missouri laws, getting help from a slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible after an accident can be extremely beneficial and ultimately increase the chances of having a successful case outcome. This includes obtaining evidence and legal documentation faster, expediting the claim filing process, and building a strong slip and fall case from start to finish.
A slip and fall lawyer at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm of St. Louis can help you better understand the legal considerations for your case, answer any questions, and help you get started with filing a successful slip and fall claim.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
The Missouri statute of limitations for slip and fall claims claims states that individuals have 5 years to file a claim. This begins on the date of the accident.
CONTACT BROWN & CROUPPEN LAW FIRM
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from a slip and fall accident, get help from the personal injury attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm. Our slip and fall accident lawyers hold property owners responsible and can help you recover compensation for damages such as medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other compensatory damages. Getting started is easy.
Get help from our legal team in the St. Louis area including Arnold, Clayton, Kirkwood, Ferguson, Fairview heights, Edwardsville, Washington, O’Fallon, St. Charles. Call us at (314) 501-9510 or requesting a free case evaluation online.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
211 N. Broadway Suite 1600 St. Louis, MO 63102
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION