James P. Lemonds
Recognized as one of the top 50 lawyers in St. Louis and awarded “Winningest Plaintiff Attorney” and “Best Litigator” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Jim Lemonds has tried to jury verdict well over 100 civil cases in the State and Federal District Courts in Missouri and Illinois. Jim began fighting for personal injury victims in 2004, following a twenty-year legal career representing product manufacturers, health care providers, and insurance companies. Since joining Brown & Crouppen in 2007, Jim has successfully handled many multi-million dollar cases involving product liability, construction injuries, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, and wrongful death for his clients.
Jim is licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois and admitted to practice in the Federal District Courts and Courts of Appeal in both states. He received his law degree from Saint Louis University School of Law and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Missouri at Columbia.
In addition to his work at Brown & Crouppen, Jim lectures and writes on the topics of legal liability for numerous legal, healthcare, and industry groups. He also teaches discovery and trial skills to lawyers from Missouri and Illinois legal aid firms each year.
Areas of practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law — St. Louis, Missouri
Juris Doctor, 1983
- University of Missouri — Columbia, Missouri
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers®, 2007-2009, 2011
- Missouri Lawyers Media “Winningest Plaintiff Attorney,” 2011
- Missouri Lawyers Media Readers Poll “Best Litigator,” 2010
- Top Trial Lawyers in America “Million Dollar Advocates Forum”
- Top Trial Lawyers of America “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum”
Get the expertise and experience you need
Working with an experienced attorney like Jim is simple. Call us at 800-536-4357 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.