Joseph A. Frank
Joe is a Partner at Brown & Crouppen, where he fights on behalf of injured individuals on matters of personal injury, wrongful death, automobile negligence, and workplace accidents. He has spent his more than 30-year legal career representing people who have been harmed and families who have lost loved ones because of the carelessness of others, and has successfully handled hundreds of personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases in both state and federal courts. Many of those cases have resulted in multi-million dollar awards and settlements.
Joe spent the first nine years of his practice learning under the mentorship of his father, legendary local attorney John J. Frank. Since his father’s passing in 2000, Joe has developed a reputation as a fearless and compassionate lawyer who is not afraid to take on a tough case and do whatever is necessary to get justice for his clients. Joe joined Brown & Crouppen in 2017 to continue advocating for the rights of victims and their families.
Joe is licensed to practice in Missouri. He received his law degree from Saint Louis University School of Law and graduated from the University of Missouri – Columbia with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy.
Joe lives in St. Louis County with his wife, dog, and cat. He and his family are big fans of the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Blues, and supporters of The Muny, Forest Park Forever, The St. Louis Zoo, The St. Louis Art Museum, The Missouri History Museum, and the St. Louis Science Center.
Area of practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law — St. Louis, Missouri
Juris Doctor, 1990
- University of Missouri — Columbia, Missouri
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, President (2014-15)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors (1996-2016)
- American Bar Association: Section of Litigation, Co-Chair, Solo and Small Firm Committee (2012-16)
Awards & Recognition
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Young Lawyer Award of Merit (1997, 2002)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating
- Obtained a $350,000 settlement for the family of a man who suffered a serious hand injury in a motor vehicle crash. The man died of unrelated causes prior to the resolution of his claim.
- Policy limits settlement of $100,000 for a woman who suffered a back injury in a motor vehicle crash. No offer was made prior to filing suit. Defendant paid policy limits three weeks prior to trial.
- Jury verdict awarding damages of $383,000 for a woman who suffered a fractured ankle on a fall outside her condominium. The amount was reduced for comparative fault.
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Email: Email Joe
Get the expertise and experience you need
Working with an experienced attorney like Joe is simple. Call us at 800-536-4357 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.