Stephen L. Bishop
Stephen is an attorney at Brown & Crouppen, where he represents individuals and their families in complex personal injury cases. Before joining Brown & Crouppen in 2021, Stephen handled personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, and employment retaliation and discrimination cases.
Stephen is licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas. He received his law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law, where he participated in both an In-House Moot Court Competition and an In-House Mock Trial. Stephen also completed Appellate Advocacy with Kansas Supreme Court Justice Caleb Stegall.
In addition to his work at Brown & Crouppen, Stephen has participated in KCMBA’s Ask-A-Lawyer telethon and has volunteered with the Jackson County Family Court as counsel for parents who need representation.
When not practicing law, Stephen enjoys singing, playing guitar, snow skiing, and snowboarding. He also loves to watch the Chiefs and Royals with his rescue dog Bruiser.
Areas of Practice
- University of Kansas School of Law – Lawrence, Kansas
Juris Doctor, 2018
- Wichita State University – Wichita, Kansas
Bachelor of Arts, General Studies with an English Lit Emphasis, Magna Cum Laude, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Co-chair of KCMBA Young Lawyers Section Social Committee
Awards & Recognition
- Competed in Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy – KCMBA 2019-2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Kansas & Missouri 2022
- Completed KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy 2022
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Email: Email Stephen
Get the expertise and experience you need
Working with an experienced attorney like Stephen is simple. Call us at 800-536-4357 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.