Richard J. Zalasky
Richard is a respected trial lawyer at Brown & Crouppen with more than 35 years of experience. His aggressive approach has delivered hundreds of successful personal injury verdicts and settlements in many state and federal courts throughout the United States. Since joining Brown & Crouppen in 2010, Richard has represented individuals in a variety of personal injury cases, including motor vehicle accidents, truck accidents, product liability claims, construction accidents, premises liability claims, brain injury, and wrongful death. He has obtained multiple six and seven-figure settlements within his areas of practice, and three appellate wins establishing new case law in Missouri related to police pursuits and propane gas explosions, and in Arkansas related to the duty of architects in their design of structures. Before joining Brown & Crouppen, Richard was a partner at two prominent St. Louis area personal injury firms and the Assistant Attorney General for Missouri from 1993 through 1997.
Richard is licensed to practice in Missouri, Illinois, and Arkansas. He received his law degree from Saint Louis University and graduated with honors from Saint Louis University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
In addition to his work at Brown & Crouppen, Richard provides pro bono representation through Legal Services of Eastern Missouri. He is also a charter member of the Wildwood Area Lions Club. Richard is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and has been recognized as a Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer every year since 2013. He has also earned top Martindale-Avvo ratings since 2001, ranked in The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 since 2014 and the Products Liability Top 25 since 2018, and was named Winningest Plaintiff Attorney by Missouri Lawyers Media in 2012. Richard also has authored articles that have been published in Lawyers Logbook and on medium.com.
When he’s not working, Richard is often spending time with his family or cycling.
Areas of practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law — St. Louis, Missouri
Juris Doctor, 1981
- Saint Louis University — St. Louis, Missouri
Bachelor of Arts (magna cum laude), Political Science, 1978
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, National Advisory Board 2013-2018
- American Association for Justice
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers®, 2013-2021
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Lawyers”
- National Trial Lawyers “Product Liability Top 25”
- Missouri Lawyers Media “Winningest Plaintiff Attorney,” 2012
- Top Trial Lawyers in America “Million Dollar Advocates Forum,” 2011-2020
- Top Trial Lawyers of America “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum,” 2011-2020
- Avvo Superb Lawyer Rating, 2019-2021
- Avvo Top 10% Lawyer Nationally
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating 2001-2021
- $20,000,000 trial verdict, motorcycle crash
- $3,200,000 trial verdict, FELA
- $1,613,000 trial verdict, FELA
- $1,300,000 trial verdict, FELA
- $613,000 trial verdict, police pursuit crash
- $3,000,000 settlement, products liability
- $2,500,000 settlement, motorcycle crash
- $7,500,000 settlement, products liability
- $1,000,000 settlement, propane gas explosion
- $1,250,000 settlement, truck crash
- $1,200,000 settlement, truck crash
- Three appellate wins establishing new case law in Missouri related to police pursuits and propane gas explosions; and in Arkansas related to the duty of architects to design a building that is reasonably safe to build and occupy.
Get the expertise and experience you need
Working with an experienced attorney like Richard is simple. Call us at 800-536-4357 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.