KANSAS CITY PARALYSIS LAWYER
This page has been written, edited, and reviewed by a team of legal writers following our comprehensive editorial guidelines. This page was approved by Founding Partner, Terry Crouppen who has more than 40 years of legal experience as a personal injury attorney. Our last modified date shows when this page was last reviewed.
Paralysis injuries are some of the most serious you can face after an accident. A negligent driver can rob you of your ability to feel, move, and enjoy the life you knew before. Your paralysis could be partial, or it could affect multiple areas of your body. After a paralysis injury, a skilled Kansas City paralysis lawyer can help you receive compensation for your injuries.
Suffering from a paralysis injury can be one of the hardest things you have ever endured. These permanent or long-lasting injuries can be extremely debilitating and have a major effect on your life. You can lose the ability to walk, take care of yourself, enjoy a normal life, and much more. If another person’s negligence causes your paralysis, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation for your injuries.
A Kansas City paralysis injury lawyer at Brown & Crouppen is ready to help. You can speak with an experienced attorney and receive the quality representation that you deserve. Contact us today to learn more.
We know the physical, mental, and financial toll of a paralysis injury is high and know the strategies necessary to help alleviate these burdens. The dedicated attorneys at Brown & Crouppen help you seek compensation for the pain you’re suffering, the bills that are piling up, and the loss of income that is harming your family.
In the last 40+ years, our Brown & Crouppen attorneys have won over $1 Billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Many of our clients have suffered paralysis injuries just like yours. We have the experience and skills necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party and answer your frequently asked questions.
We are here to help make your life easier, not add to your burdens. We will provide you with a free consultation and, if we pursue your case, you will only see a bill once we have gotten you the compensation you deserve.
WHY HIRE A PARALYSIS LAWYER IN KANSAS CITY?
The legal process is complicated, especially when dealing with severe injuries like paralysis. You have to prove who was at fault, how the negligence caused your injuries, and so much more. The other party will likely have a powerful insurance company that wants to deny coverage for your injuries, even if they should be required to pay you for them.
A Kansas City paralysis attorney can help you by:
- Filing your claim within the applicable statute of limitations
- Identifying the options for financial compensation
- Working with law enforcement to obtain police reports
- Investigating the cause of your paralysis injuries
- Reviewing your insurance information and handling any insurance disputes
- Determining which parties may be liable for the paralysis injuries
- Reviewing medical evidence and providing expert testimony
- Negotiating a settlement of your case or filing a claim on your behalf
Our professional paralysis attorneys in Kansas City are prepared to take your case. We offer free case evaluations to help you get started, and are ready to begin helping you today.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF PARALYSIS?
Paralysis is a life-changing injury that can be either temporary or permanent. In either situation, paralysis is considered a catastrophic injury that may entitle you to significant compensation.
There are many types of paralysis injuries, which include:
- Hemiplegia: One side of your body is affected by paralysis
- Diplegia: Paralysis affects the same area on both sides of your body
- Monoplegia: The inability to move a single limb (either the arm or leg)
- Paraplegia: Paralysis from approximately the waist down and affecting both legs
- Quadriplegia: Also referred to as tetraplegia, it affects the body from the neck down
The symptoms associated with each of these types of paralysis can differ, even within a single category. No person is exactly the same, and your injuries are your own. We will work with you to determine what type of paralysis you have and how it has affected your life.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF PARALYSIS?
There are many symptoms and long-term complications associated with paralysis injuries. They can affect your ability to move or function normally as you did before. They can be partial or cover large areas of your body. Some are permanent while others may resolve after a period of time.
Symptoms of paralysis commonly include:
- Inability to move parts of the body
- Lack of sensation in affected areas
- Increased infection risk
- Inability to control bowels
- Loss of sexual function
- Inability to breathe without assistance
- Reduced emotional and mental health
- Increased cardiovascular risks
COMMON CAUSES OF PARALYSIS
While paralysis can be caused by medical conditions or other causes where no one was at fault, a very common cause is the negligence of another party. This is where a personal injury attorney can help you seek compensation.
Common causes of paralysis injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Injuries from defective products
- DUI accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Medical malpractice
- Accidents at work
- Slip-and-fall accidents
Many other causes could easily cause severe paralysis injuries. No matter what you have been through, we want to evaluate your case to help. If you believe your paralysis is another party’s fault, we are here to listen and analyze your case. You don’t have to know for certain about your case. We will put our experience and knowledge to work and evaluate your potential claim.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A PARALYSIS INJURY OCCURS
Knowing what to do after an accident can be difficult. You’ve never been through this before and likely feel uncertain or overwhelmed. Steps you should take after a paralysis injury include:
- Stop immediately after the accident
- Seek immediate medical attention by calling 911
- Gather information such as insurance details, witness contact information, and the police report
- Continue visits with your doctor and other necessary medical appointments
- Retain all documents related to your injuries and accident
- Call an experienced paralysis injury attorney in Kansas City
Our paralysis law firm knows what it takes to help you through this difficult time. Reach out to us for any questions you may have.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
HOW TO PROVE FAULT IN A PARALYSIS CASE
It is one thing to know who caused your accident and your injuries, but you must also prove they are at fault to win compensation. This can seem difficult, but an attorney can take care of the burden of proof for you. If you or a loved one was paralyzed by a negligent party, you deserve help in proving they were at fault.
To prove a paralysis injury claim in Kansas City, you must prove the elements of a personal injury negligence claim. These elements include:
- Duty: An obligation by the party existed to avoid harm to you
- Breach of Duty: The defendant breached the duty they had toward you
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty was the cause of the accident and your injuries
- Damage: You suffered physical, mental, or financial injuries as a result of your accident
If negligence caused your accident and injuries, we want to help you prove it. A dedicated paralysis injury attorney in Kansas City is ready to help you demonstrate how the defendant caused the accident and why they should have to pay for your paralysis injuries.
CONTACT A KANSAS CITY PARALYSIS INJURY LAWYER
At Brown & Crouppen, we understand what you are going through. We have worked with other paralysis victims and know how to handle your case. Our attorneys are dedicated to pursuing compensation for injured victims like you.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
2345 Grand Boulevard #675 Kansas City, MO 64108 (816) 670-4701
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION