CLAYTON TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
This page has been written, edited, and reviewed by a team of legal writers following our comprehensive editorial guidelines. This page was approved by Founding Partner, Terry Crouppen who has more than 40 years of legal experience as a personal injury attorney. Our last modified date shows when this page was last reviewed.
Occupants of passenger vehicles can suffer life-changing, catastrophic injuries in collisions with big rigs or semi-trucks. Many times, negligent truckers are to blame for these devastating collisions. Our Clayton truck accident attorneys have decades of experience helping crash victims stand up to powerful trucking companies and insurers. We’ve won over $1 billion in compensation since our founding.
- How Brown & Crouppen Can Help After a Clayton, MO, Truck Accident
- We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases in Clayton
- What Causes Most Clayton Truck Accidents?
- How Much Is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
- What Types of Damages Are Available to Missouri Truck Accident Victims
- Who’s Liable For My Truck Accident?
- I’m Getting Blamed For the Truck Accident. Can I Still Recover Compensation?
- What’s the Deadline to File a Missouri Truck Accident Lawsuit?
- Trusted Clayton Truck Accident Lawyers Ready to Fight For You
Because trucks are significantly larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, they can cause extensive damage in an accident. Occupants of smaller automobiles and SUVs usually bear the brunt of any accident with a truck and often suffer debilitating injuries that change the course of their lives forever.
All too often, truck accidents happen because truck drivers are negligent or trucking companies ignore important safety regulations, such as those issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If you’ve been injured in an accident with a big rig or semi-truck in Clayton, Missouri, call Brown & Crouppen for help. Our Clayton truck accident lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Brown & Crouppen has been fighting for truck accident victims and families in Clayton and across the Midwest since 1979. We’re award-winning trial attorneys who strive to make a genuine impact in the lives of our clients.
Our results speak for themselves, as we have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
Call our law office in Clayton, Missouri, to find out how our top-rated legal team can help you navigate this difficult time. We offer a free consultation, so call now.
HOW BROWN & CROUPPEN CAN HELP AFTER A CLAYTON, MO, TRUCK ACCIDENT
Truck accidents are complicated. You’ll need to figure out why the accident happened, how it could have been avoided, and who owns the rig, among other things. The trucking company and its insurer will be working against you as you work to find the answers you need.
If you want to win your case and maximize your recovery, the best thing you can do is put your case in the hands of an experienced personal injury lawyer near you in Clayton.
At Brown & Crouppen, we have decades of experience investigating, building, and winning tough truck accident claims for our clients. When you choose our trucking accident law firm to represent you, you’ll send a clear message to the trucking company and its insurance provider. You’re not giving up without a fight or walking away with less than your case is worth.
We’ll use our tried-and-true approach to litigation to yield the best results:
- Review the results of investigations conducted by state and federal agencies
- Conduct an independent inquiry into your truck accident
- Review all relevant contracts regarding the trucks to determine who holds liability and identify the applicable insurance coverage
- Analyze truck black box data, driver communication records, truck maintenance records, toxicology reports, dash cam footage, medical records, property damage, and other critical pieces of evidence
- Enlist the help of truck industry experts, medical professionals, rehabilitation specialists, accident reconstructionists, and other experts to provide insight as we build your case
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance company and other parties
- Prepare to bring your truck accident lawsuit to trial if you don’t get a fair settlement.
Truck accidents can be costly. You shouldn’t have to worry about the cost of hiring a commercial truck accident attorney when you’re fighting to make ends meet. There’s no out-of-pocket cost when you ask for Brown & Crouppen’s help. We only get paid if you win—end of story.
Contact a member of our compassionate team by calling our Clayton law office today.
WE HANDLE ALL TYPES OF TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES IN CLAYTON
Our skilled Missouri trial attorneys have decades of experience handling claims involving:
- Jackknife truck accidents
- Truck rollovers
- Underride accidents
- Override accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Lost load truck accidents
- Delivery vehicle accidents
- Tire blowouts
- Wide-turn truck accidents
- Blind spot truck accidents
- Brake failure truck accidents
- Fatal truck accidents
Benefit from our in-depth understanding of truck accident litigation and winning strategies by calling us for help today.
WHAT CAUSES MOST CLAYTON TRUCK ACCIDENTS?
Most truck accidents happen when truck drivers (or trucking companies) ignore important safety regulations and protocols. Accidents are much more likely to occur when these rules—usually imposed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Missouri state legislature—are broken.
Some of the leading causes include:
- Fatigued driving as a result of hours of service violations
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Illegal turns
- Improper cargo load
- Failing to perform pre-and-post-trip inspections
- Failing to perform mandated inspections and maintenance
- Hiring unqualified or inexperienced drivers
Vehicle malfunctions, vehicle defects, road defects, and negligence of other motorists on the road can also contribute to tractor-trailer accidents in Clayton.
HOW MUCH IS MY TRUCK ACCIDENT CASE WORTH?
The average truck accident settlement is approximately $73,109.92. However, each victim’s story and experience will be unique. As a result, the amount of money you might recover after a Clayton truck accident will depend on factors very specific to your case. Among those factors are the following:
- How old are you?
- Has the truck accident shortened your life expectancy?
- What types of injuries did you sustain in the big rig accident?
- How has your earning capacity changed?
- What are your out-of-pocket costs?
- Is contributory negligence a factor?
- How severe is the emotional trauma resulting from the crash?
The greater your financial burden and the more your accident has changed your life, the more you can generally expect to recover in a related claim for damages.
Of course, the attorney you choose to handle your truck accident claim can also greatly impact your recovery.
BROWN & CROUPPEN'S MILLION-DOLLAR TRUCK ACCIDENT CASE RESULTS
At Brown & Crouppen, our semi-truck accident attorneys in Clayton are motivated to get the best results in every case we take on. Our experience, resources, and reputation are second-to-none and have helped us secure millions for catastrophically injured truck accident victims.
This includes several individual million-dollar results, including:
- $1.5 million settlement for a postal worker struck by a commercial truck
- $1 million settlement for a high school student struck by a utility truck
- $6 million settlement for a client catastrophically injured in a commercial vehicle accident
Experience matters. Put ours to work for you. Call our Clayton personal injury lawyers to set up a free consultation today.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
WHAT TYPES OF DAMAGES ARE AVAILABLE TO MISSOURI TRUCK ACCIDENT VICITIMS
Whether you file an insurance claim or lawsuit, you can generally recover compensation for the following:
- Economic damages to reimburse you for objectively verifiable financial losses
- Non-economic damages to redress the hard-to-value suffering you experience
Known as compensatory damages, this can include money for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses
Our award-winning truck accident lawyers in St. Louis and Clayton can also potentially pursue punitive damages if your lawsuit goes to trial. If a jury finds that the defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence, you could be awarded compensation above and beyond your actual damages.
WHO IS LIABLE FOR MY TRUCK ACCIDENT?
Negligence is the leading cause of truck accidents in Clayton, Missouri. State law provides that anyone whose negligence contributes to your truck accident can be financially responsible for your damages.
Potentially liable parties might include:
- Truck drivers
- Third-party motorists
- Trucking companies
- Freight brokers
- Freight loaders
- Owners of cargo or freight
- Property owners
- Government agencies
- Employers of negligent parties
If the truck or a vehicle component—like brakes or tires— was defective and contributed to the accident, the manufacturer could also be held strictly liable for your damages.
Our trucking accident lawyers in Missouri will carefully review the circumstances of your crash and work to identify all potentially liable parties. We’ll then aggressively pursue damages from anyone who played a role in your devastating truck accident.
I’m Getting Blamed For the Truck Accident. Can I Still Recover Compensation?
As long as you’re not entirely to blame, yes.
Missouri is a pure comparative negligence state. Under the law, we can still recover your damages if your fault contributed to the accident. However, damages arising from the accident are reduced proportionately to your fault.
So, if you’re 50 percent responsible for your Clayton truck accident, your damages will be cut in half.
Don’t be surprised when the trucker, their employer, or the insurance company tries to say that you’re responsible for the big rig crash. They can limit their liability if they can shift the blame to you.
Our Clayton auto accident lawyers will fight back against these often baseless allegations. We will work hard to discredit witnesses, gather contradictory evidence, and ultimately minimize the impact of these claims.
WHAT'S THE DEADLINE TO FILE A MISSOURIS TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWSUIT?
It depends on how serious the truck accident is.
In Missouri, the statute of limitations for truck accidents is:
- Five years for accidents resulting in personal injury, and
- Three years for accidents causing wrongful death.
Once the deadline passes, you will lose the right to recover compensation from a negligent trucker or trucking company.
Getting a jump start on your truck accident claim is essential, anyway. You don’t want to give the trucking company a head start or the opportunity to build a defense. Evidence can get lost or damaged over time, and witness memories will begin to fade almost immediately.
Protect your rights and set yourself up for a successful outcome by immediately calling Brown & Crouppen for help.
TRUSTED CLAYTON TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS READY TO FIGHT FOR YOU
You deserve compensation if you’ve been injured or lost a close family member through little-to-no fault of your own in a Clayton truck accident. However, you also need time to recover.
You can accomplish both by calling Brown & Crouppen for help.
Our Clayton truck accident lawyers have decades of experience and a proven ability to get top results. We’re ready to fight tirelessly and do whatever it takes to help you maximize your financial recovery.
Call our law office in Clayton, MO, to arrange a free, no-obligation case assessment. We’re always here to answer—24/7/365.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION