Our product liability lawyers hold manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and other companies who make products responsible for the injuries caused by the use of their products. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of product use in the Kansas City area, you may be eligible to recover compensation.
Dangerous products and manufacturing defects result in thousands of injuries every year. Since 1979, the attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for clients, including product liability claims. Get help with your case by calling (816) 670-4701 or requesting a free case evaluation online.
How our Kansas City product liability attorneys can help with your case
- Evaluate your case: A Kansas City product liability attorney can evaluate your case to determine if you have a strong case
- Evidence collection: A lawyer will help gather evidence to support your product liability lawsuit. This includes the collection of medical records, witness statements, and any relevant product documentation.
- Negotiation: Having an attorney to handle insurance company negotiations on your behalf can make a difference in the final settlement amount of the case.
- Represent you in court: If a settlement cannot be negotiated with the insurance company or product manufacturer, a product liability lawyer will take the case to trial.
- Protect your rights: With a legal team representing your case, you can ensure that your rights are protected.
- Navigate the legal process: Our legal team will be with you at every step of your case to help navigate the complexities of your product liability claim and key legal considerations.
Types of product liability lawsuits handled by our Kansas City attorneys
For more than a decade, the product liability lawyers at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm of Kansas City have helped individuals to secure compensation for many different types of defective products, including design defects and dangerous medical devices.
Even if your case type does not appear above, our Kansas City product liability lawyers may still be able to help. Find out if you have a product liability case by calling (816) 670-4701 or requesting a free case evaluation online.
About product liability in Kansas & Missouri
In both Kansas and Missouri, products are required to meet certain safety expectations by law. If a dangerous design, product defect, or manufacture error results in an injury, the manufacturer can be held liable for damages.
Under Kansas & Missouri law, product liability claims can be filed under strict liability if each of the following has occurred:
- The defendant transferred the product in the course of their business.
- The product was used within reason.
- One or both of the following is true:
- The product was in a condition that was defective and when used within reason led to an injury to the individual using the product.
- The product was unreasonably dangerous and sold without adequate warning, as a result leading to the end consumer suffering injuries.
This law allows those who have been injured as a result of product use to hold manufacturers, sellers, and third-party assemblers accountable for putting dangerous and defective products on the market.
Additionally, product liability claims may fall under the following types of liability:
- Manufacturing defects: Those that occur as a result of the manufacturing process, which may involve poor craftsmanship or low-quality materials.
- Design defects: Occur where the product design is inherently dangerous or defective (no matter the quality of manufacturing).
- Failure-to-warn defects: May be present in products that carry non-obvious dangers (such as those without sufficient labels or instructions that would otherwise prevent injury).
Get help from a product liability attorney at our Kansas City law office
Get help with your product liability case by calling (816) 670-4701 or requesting a free case evaluation from our team. The product liability attorneys at Brown & Crouppen Law Firm have helped 100s of individuals in the Kansas City area recover compensation after being injured by dangerous and defective products.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How much is my product liability case worth?
Each case is unique and will likely have different outcomes. Depending on your case, it may be higher or lower than the average settlement amount for a personal injury case. To better understand your claim and its value, request a free case evaluation online from our legal team.
What compensation can I recover after suffering an injury from a product?
You may be eligible to recover compensation with a product liability claim for the following damages: medical expenses, lost wages, pain & suffering, punitive damages, and property damage.
How long do I have to file a product liability claim in Missouri?
In Missouri, the statute of limitations for product liability claims is 5 years. This means individuals have 5 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit.
How long do I have to file a product liability claim in Kansas?
In Kansas, the statute of limitations for product liability is 2 years, meaning that individuals have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit.
Can I sue a company if I was injured by their product?
Yes, if you’ve been injured by a dangerous product, you may be eligible to file a product liability claim to secure compensation for damages. These types of claims hold product manufacturers accountable for the safety of their products.