CLAYTON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
This page has been written, edited, and reviewed by a team of legal writers following our comprehensive editorial guidelines. This page was approved by Founding Partner, Terry Crouppen who has more than 40 years of legal experience as a personal injury attorney. Our last modified date shows when this page was last reviewed.
Motorcycle accidents in Clayton, Missouri, can leave riders struggling with excruciating pain, debilitating injuries, and sky-high costs. Brown & Crouppen helps injured motorcyclists stand up and demand compensation when they share little-to-no responsibility for their accidents. If you’ve been injured, call our Clayton motorcycle accident lawyers to find out how we can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 1979, our nationally-recognized Missouri trial attorneys have helped motorcycle crash victims and grieving families in Clayton win life-changing financial awards. We strive to make a genuine difference in the lives of every client we represent, and our results are a testament to that. Our law firm has secured over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts.
We’re ready to help you achieve the best possible outcome in your motorcycle accident case. Contact our law office in Clayton, MO, to get started with a free consultation now.
- Why Should I Hire an Attorney If I’ve Been Hurt in a Clayton Motorcycle Crash?
- The Benefits of Working With Brown & Crouppen After Your Motorcycle Accident in Clayton, MO
- How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Clayton, Missouri?
- What Are the Top Causes of Clayton Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Types of Damages Are Available to Injured Motorcyclists in Clayton?
- Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Can I Get Compensation If I’m Partly Responsible For a Missouri Motorcycle Crash?
- What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Missouri Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
- Call Our Top-Rated Clayton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
WHY SHOULD I HIRE AN ATTORNEY IF I'VE BEEN HURT IN A CLAYTON MOTORCYCLE CRASH?
The driver who caused your motorcycle accident won’t rush to accept responsibility. Their insurance company will work hard to deny your claim, shift blame, and minimize your financial recovery.
The insurance company has tons of experience handling motorcycle injury claims like yours. They’ll be represented by highly-skilled adjusters and defense attorneys with abundant resources.
You can level the playing field by putting an experienced legal advocate in your corner. In fact, statistically speaking, you shift the odds of success in your favor when you hire an experienced personal injury lawyer near you in Clayton to represent you.
Hiring an attorney removes the burden of litigation and allows you to focus on your physical health and emotional well-being. Your attorney will provide comprehensive representation and do the following:
- Investigate your motorcycle accident
- Identify liable parties
- Gather critical pieces of evidence
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Consult with experts
- Offer advice and guidance throughout the claims process
- Handle settlement negotiations on your behalf
- Work to defend you against allegations of shared fault
- Represent you at trial if you’re not offered a fair settlement offer
When you hire a Clayton personal injury lawyer, you make it clear that you’re serious about getting the compensation you deserve. Of course, your choice of attorney matters. That’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to call Brown & Crouppen immediately.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROWN & CROUPPEN AFTER YOUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT IN CLAYTON, MO
Brown & Crouppen is a leader in personal injury litigation in Clayton, St. Louis, and throughout the Midwest.
Our team includes highly-respected trial attorneys who have received some of the highest honors and awards in the legal industry, including the following:
- Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers
- Winningest Plaintiff Attorney by Missouri Lawyers Media
- Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Million-Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum members
We were also voted the Best Law Firm in St. Louis by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Why? Because our attorneys are passionate about their work, and we’ve proven that we can consistently make insurance companies pay our clients what their motorcycle accident cases are worth.
For example, we recently secured a $130,000 settlement for a client injured in a local motorcycle crash when the insurance company’s initial offer was just $30,000.
When you choose Brown & Crouppen, you put a team of highly-respected trial attorneys with decades of experience in your corner. Our extensive experience, in-depth knowledge of Missouri personal injury law, and passion for justice will benefit you.
You’ll also get our help without paying anything out of pocket. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation and work on a contingency basis. We only get paid if we win your motorcycle injury claim.
HOW COMMON ARE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN CLAYTON, MISSOURI?
According to the most recent crash data, 221 motorcycle accidents were reported in Clayton and surrounding towns in St. Louis County, MO.
That means there’s a motorcycle in or near Clayton every 1.65 days.
About three-quarters of all motorcycle accidents around Clayton are severe, resulting in at least one injury or death. In 2022, 156 accidents caused injuries, while 12 motorcycle accidents were fatal.
WHAT ARE THE TOP CAUSES OF CLAYTON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS?
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Lane splitting
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Merging errors
- Failing to leave enough space when passing
- Limited visibility
- Vehicle defects
- Road defects
- Unsafe turns
Our Clayton personal injury lawyers will carefully review the circumstances of your case, review relevant evidence, and work closely with experts to determine exactly why your motorcycle accident happened.
WHAT TYPES OF DAMAGES ARE AVAILABLE TO INJURED MOTORCYCLISTS IN CLAYTON?
When you file a legal claim after a motorcycle accident, you’ll generally be able to recover compensatory damages.
Compensatory damages include:
- Economic awards for your objectively verifiable and projected financial losses
- Non-economic awards to make up for changes to your life and the suffering you experience
Potential awards include money for:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses
At Brown & Crouppen, we’ll aggressively pursue maximum compensation on your behalf. We won’t let the insurance company call the shots or dictate the terms of your financial recovery. By enlisting experts and digging into the specific details of your case, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Clayton can help you get a maximum settlement or win a life-altering verdict at trial.
COMMON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
Wearing safety gear like jackets, helmets, and boots can help to prevent catastrophic injuries when a motorcyclist is involved in a car accident. However, riders are still susceptible to injuries that can potentially turn their lives upside down.
At Brown & Crouppen, we advocate for injured motorcyclists and families who have suffered:
- Burn injuries
- Road rash
- Nerve damage
- Eye injury
- Dental injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Broken bones
- Severe cuts and lacerations
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a family member
Don’t hesitate to contact our compassionate and experienced legal team in Clayton, MO, after a motorcycle accident. We’re here to help you understand your legal options and work to get you a meaningful financial recovery from liable parties.
CAN I GET COMPENSATION IF I'M PARTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR A MISSOURI MOTORCYCLE CRASH?
Many times, negligent drivers who share the road with motorcyclists cause these devastating accidents. However, liability can extend to anyone who plays a role in a motorcycle accident, including pedestrians, bicyclists, other motorcyclists, vehicle manufacturers, and government agencies.
Liability can even extend to motorcyclists themselves. If your own negligence contributes to a motorcycle crash, it will affect your ability to recover compensation. Under Missouri’s pure comparative fault rule, your financial recovery will be limited by your degree of fault. If you’re 30 percent to blame for your Clayton motorcycle crash, your damages will be reduced by 30 percent.
Our Clayton motorcycle accident attorneys will work to limit allegations of shared responsibility. We will do everything in our power to disprove these claims and limit their impact on your financial recovery.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
Here’s what you should and shouldn’t do after a Clayton motorcycle accident:
- Seek medical attention. Get to the closest hospital in Clayton as soon as you can. Prompt care can help limit the chances of severe complications and support a future claim for damages.
- Report your accident. Call 911 or the local police to report the motorcycle crash. You’ll want an accident report that documents important details about your accident—like weather and traffic conditions, names of involved parties, and an officer’s preliminary assessment of fault.
- Save or document important pieces of evidence. Keep the clothes that you were wearing during the crash. Don’t get rid of your helmet and safety gear. Take photographs of your bike. These can all help your attorney build a successful claim for damages on your behalf.
- Don’t apologize or give a lot of details to the insurance company. Even if an adjuster seems empathetic, the insurance company isn’t on your side. They’ll try to get you to say things that hurt your ability to recover damages. The best thing to do is give short answers to basic questions, such as name, address, and details about your motorcycle, and direct all other inquiries to your attorney.
- Hire an experienced motorcycle accident attorney near you in Clayton, MO. Hiring an attorney can remove the stress of a legal claim and give you time to focus on healing.
A member of our legal team is always available to take your call and provide assistance. Call our law office in Clayton, MO, to set up a free consultation now.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A MISSOURI MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWSUIT?
It depends. If you suffered personal injuries in a Clayton motorcycle accident, the statute of limitations is five years. If you’ve suffered the wrongful of a family member in a fatal Clayton motorcycle crash, the statute of limitations is three years.
You can’t let time run out before filing a legal claim for damages. Once the deadline passes, you give up the right to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
CALL OUR TOP-RATED CLAYTON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
You’ve suffered injuries in a Clayton motorcycle accident because someone else was careless. You deserve to be fully compensated for your injuries and suffering. Put yourself in the best position to win your case and achieve top results by calling our Clayton motorcycle accident lawyers for help.
We’ve been fierce advocates for Missouri accident victims for over 40 years. Our attorneys have decades of experience and have won over $1 billion in life-changing awards. Now it’s your turn to benefit from our top-rated team.
Your first consultation is free, so call our law office serving Clayton, MO, to get started now.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION