CLAYTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
This content has been written by a team of legal writers and reviewed by Terry Crouppen
Dozens of car accidents get reported in and around Clayton, Missouri, every day. Our Clayton car accident lawyers help crash victims seek maximum compensation for medical costs, lost wages, suffering, and other accident-related damages.
- How Can A Clayton Car Accident Lawyer At Brown & Crouppen Help Win My Car Accident Case?
- How Common Are Car Accidents In Clayton?
- How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
- What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident In Clayton?
- What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
- What Are The Most Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Clayton, Missouri?
- Understanding Liability For A Clayton Car Crash
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After Getting Into A Car Accident In Clayton, Missouri?
- What Does It Cost To Hire A Car Accident Attorney In Clayton?
- Helping You Seek Maximum Compensation For All Your Car Accident Injuries
- Get A Free Consultation With An Experienced Clayton Car Accident Lawyer
Are you struggling with painful physical injuries because you were recently involved in a car accident in Clayton, Missouri? Call the experienced Clayton car accident lawyers at Brown & Crouppen. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, disability, loss of income, and emotional distress. We can help you fight to get the financial accountability you deserve.
Since 1958, Brown & Crouppen has given crash victims and devastated families the opportunity to tell their stories, stand up to powerful insurance companies, and secure the compensation they deserve after tragic accidents. Our results speak for themselves—totaling more than $1 billion.
You may be going through a difficult time, but you are not alone. Contact our lawyers serving Clayton, Missouri, law office to discuss your legal options and discover why you need Brown & Crouppen fighting for you after your crash. Your first consultation is free, so call now.
HOW CAN A CLAYTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER AT BROWN & CROUPPEN HELP WIN MY CAR ACCIDENT CASE?
Insurance companies are well represented by skilled insurance adjusters and defense attorneys, putting you at a disadvantage from the start, so you will need to level the playing field if you want to win your car accident case and get the money you deserve. That is why our Clayton car accident attorneys should be your first call after you get hurt.
We understand just how important a financial recovery can be as you fight to get back on your feet. Our award-winning Missouri trial attorneys are ready to put decades of experience and vast resources to work to help you achieve the best possible outcome in your car accident injury case.
Here is what you can expect when you turn to us for help after your auto accident in Clayton:
- An extensive investigation into the wreck to determine how it happened, why, and who is likely at fault for your resulting damages
- Careful analysis of accident reports, medical records, photographs, surveillance footage, witness statements, and physical evidence from the scene of the accident
- Consultations with reputable and trusted car accident experts, including accident reconstructionists, doctors, forensic specialists, therapists, and other professionals
- Anticipating (and defense against) victim-blaming tactics designed to limit your financial recovery
- Tough negotiations with insurance companies and other parties to get you the best possible terms in a settlement agreement
If you are not offered a fair settlement, or if the insurance companies refuse to consider your claim, our top-rated Clayton car accident attorneys are ready to bring your case to a jury in St. Louis County.
Your initial consultation with our legal team is free, so contact us to discuss the details of your car accident case today.
HOW COMMON ARE CAR ACCIDENTS IN CLAYTON?
Clayton, the county seat of St. Louis, Missouri, is home to more than 16,900 people. Situated just west of St. Louis, its roads and highways are always jam-packed. Where there is traffic, accidents tend to follow.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s analysis of crashes by county, 27,750 car accidents were reported in Clayton and surrounding cities in St. Louis County in 2021. At least 6,244 of these accidents caused one injury or more, while 97 were fatal. Based on this data, there are roughly 76 auto accidents every day in and around Clayton, Missouri.
HOW MUCH IS MY CAR ACCIDENT CASE WORTH?
The costs of a car accident can vary significantly from one case to the next. According to the National Safety Council, the average comprehensive cost of a collision can range from $160,000 for a possible injury to upwards of $1,252,000 for a disabling injury.
In truth, there is no way to tell precisely what your car accident case is worth without thoroughly considering the specific circumstances of your situation. However, many factors play a part in valuation:
- How has the trauma of being involved in a car accident affected your life?
- What types of car accident injuries have you sustained?
- Are you able to continue working?
- How has your earning capacity changed since the accident?
- Did the crash aggravate any preexisting medical conditions?
- Do you share responsibility for the auto accident?
- How old were you when you got hurt?
- What out-of-pocket costs and expenses have you experienced?
You will also want to consider the impact of hiring an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Clayton. With the right attorney by your side, you can significantly increase the odds of not only winning your case but maximizing the compensation you are awarded.
At Brown & Crouppen, we have led clients to over $1 billion in awards, including many six- and seven-figure results. Our legal team is always available to take your call, so set up a time to discuss the specific details of your case with us today.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN I RECOVER AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN CLAYTON?
Car accident victims in Clayton, Missouri, can be awarded two types of compensatory awards: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages make up for the financial losses and burdens of a car crash and can include money for:
- Hospitalization, surgery, medication, and other current medical bills
- Ongoing medical treatment and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other types of rehabilitation
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Lost job opportunities
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
On the other hand, noneconomic damages make up for the trauma and life changes that crash victims tend to experience. Common examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of consortium
The last thing you want is for the insurance company to dictate what damages you suffered and tell you how much they are worth.
When Brown & Crouppen handles your claim, we will work closely with experts throughout the valuation process. They can lend insight into your injuries and trauma and help us understand what you are going through and how the accident has affected your life. Taking the time to dig into the specifics of your case can help us win a meaningful settlement or verdict.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
The steps you take after a car accident are critical. They can affect your health and legal rights, should you decide to pursue compensation in an insurance claim or lawsuit. Here is what you should (and shouldn’t) do after a crash:
- Call 911 or the Clayton Police Department to report the accident.
- Seek medical attention immediately—the closest hospital in Clayton should be your first stop after an accident, without question.
- Write down your memory of how and why the accident happened.
- Take pictures of property damage, damage to vehicles, tire tracks, the scene of the accident, and your physical injuries.
- Resist the urge to say you are sorry, even if you think that you caused the accident. (This can be used against you down the line, and you can never be 100 percent sure why the crash happened until it is investigated.)
- Don’t provide a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster or consider a settlement offer until you have discussed your situation with an attorney.
- Hire an experienced car accident attorney in Clayton to represent you.
Whether you crash during rush hour, in the middle of the night, or over a long holiday weekend, rest assured that Brown & Crouppen will be there to provide the assistance you need. We can take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN CLAYTON, MISSOURI?
Car accidents are, for the most part, entirely avoidable. Unfortunately, they tend to be a consequence of negligence and human error. Some leading causes of Clayton car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Fatigued driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Unsafe passing
- Road defects, including damaged roadways, poorly designed roads, and obscured traffic signs and signals
- Road construction
Vehicle defects—including faulty brakes or airbags—can also contribute to collisions in and around Clayton, Missouri.
UNDERSTANDING LIABILITY FOR A CLAYTON CAR CRASH
In Missouri, liability extends to anyone who contributes—directly or indirectly—to a motor vehicle accident.
Following an exhaustive investigation of your crash, our Clayton car accident lawyers might determine that one or more of the following parties are at fault:
- Negligent motorist
- Truck driver
- Employer of a negligent party (e.g., a trucking company)
- Property owner
- Government agency
- Vehicle manufacturer
Once liability is clear, Brown & Crouppen will aggressively seek compensation from anyone who played a role in your collision.
WHAT IF I AM PARTLY AT FAULT FOR THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Under Missouri law, you can be partly to blame for a car accident and reserve the right to recover compensation. However, the state follows a pure comparative fault rule, which means that your damages will be reduced by your degree of fault.
Let’s say you are rear-ended at an intersection in Clayton and suffer damages worth $200,000. If you are assigned half of the blame for the wreck, your financial recovery will be limited to $100,000.
You should be ready for victim-blaming strategies. Insurance companies in Missouri love them because shifting fault can limit how much money they have to pay if you win your case. When Brown & Crouppen represents you, we will be ready for these all-too-common tactics. We anticipate them, have arguments ready to counter these types of claims, and work to minimize how much (if any) fault you are assigned.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A LAWSUIT AFTER GETTING INTO A CAR ACCIDENT IN CLAYTON, MISSOURI?
You will generally have until the fifth anniversary of your Clayton, Missouri, car accident to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages.
If a family member is killed in a car accident in Clayton, you have three years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. (Note, the statute of limitations begins to run on the date of their death, which might be different from the date of their tragic accident.)
It is important to get a jump start on your case. You forfeit the right to seek compensation once the statute of limitation expires. Protect yourself by calling Brown & Crouppen for help as soon as you can after you get hurt.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN CLAYTON?
At Brown & Crouppen, we understand that a car accident can create a financial nightmare. Medical bills can add up quickly, and a sudden loss of income can make things worse. You might worry that you simply can’t afford the cost of a lawyer, even though you know it is the best way to help you get the money you deserve.
That is why our Clayton car accident attorneys work on contingency. We front the costs of litigation and assume the risks. You pay absolutely nothing unless we win your case. When we win, our attorneys are paid a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your financial award. It is that simple, so reach out to our compassionate legal team to learn more.
Get started with a free consultation with one of our skilled Personal Injury Lawyers today.
HELPING YOU SEEK MAXIMUM COMPENSATION FOR ALL YOUR CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Call us for immediate assistance if you or a loved one has been in a car accident in Clayton and sustained:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Eye injury
- Dental injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Burn injury
- Internal organ damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
A member of our legal team serving St.Louis, Arnold, Clayton, Kirkwood, Ferguson, Fairview heights, Edwardsville, Washington, O’Fallon, and St. Charles is standing by to provide the assistance and guidance you need during this trying time.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED CLAYTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Whether you were in a rollover accident, hit head-on, rear-ended at a stop sign, or victim to a hit and run, it is important to consider your legal rights and options. You could be entitled to compensation, and the Clayton car accident lawyers at Brown & Crouppen will fight for your maximum financial recovery. We offer a free consultation, so contact our Clayton, Missouri car accident lawyers today.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Brown & Crouppen Law Firm
211 N. Broadway Suite 1600 St. Louis, MO 63102
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULATION