Alan G. Pirtle
Alan is an attorney at Brown & Crouppen, where his practice focuses on car accidents, truck accidents, product liability, nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, premises liability, and wrongful death cases. Since joining Brown & Crouppen in 2015, Alan has litigated numerous complicated personal injury cases in both state and federal courts, recovering millions for his clients, including multiple seven-figure recoveries.
Alan is licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois. He received his law degree from Saint Louis University School of Law and Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Eastern Illinois University.
In addition to his work at Brown & Crouppen, Alan has been a guest lecturer at continuing legal education seminars for lawyers with the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the National Business Institute, and the St. Clair County Bar Association. He volunteers with various charitable organizations, including previously serving as president of his local Kiwanis Society.
From 2004 to 2014, Alan was the chairman of the Democratic Party in Monroe County, Illinois. From 2008 to 2014, he was unanimously elected president of the Illinois Democratic County Chairs’ Association (ILDCCA), a statewide political organization consisting of the Democratic county chairmen of all 102 counties in Illinois. Alan also served as a delegate for President Barack Obama at the 2008 Democratic National Convention. In 2010, the national political magazine, Politics, named him one of the 40 most influential Democrats in the entire State of Illinois.
Alan enjoys running, reading, following his favorite college and professional sports teams, researching his family’s history, and spending time with his three adult sons.
Areas of practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law — St. Louis, Missouri
Juris Doctor, 1991
- Eastern Illinois University — Charleston, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts, History, 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Missouri Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Trucking Attorneys
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- National Trial Lawyers Association
Awards and Recognition
- Top Trial Lawyers in America “Million Dollar Advocates Forum”
- Top Trial Lawyers of America “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum”
- The National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers”
- The National Trial Lawyers “Top 10 Trucking Lawyers”
- Designated a “Leading Lawyer” by a National Advisory Board of Trial Lawyers
- Named to “The Best Lawyers in America” for Personal Injury Litigation, ranking in the top 5% of U.S. Attorneys
- Named to St. Louis Magazine’s “St. Louis’ Best Lawyers”
Get the expertise and experience you need
Working with an experienced attorney like Alan is simple. Call us at 800-536-4357 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.