Justin is an attorney at Brown & Crouppen, where he dedicates his practice to helping individuals who have been injured as a result of the carelessness of others. Before joining Brown & Crouppen in 2014, Justin spent several years representing commercial insurance companies and their insureds, defending personal injury claims throughout the Midwest. He studied the tactics and techniques insurance companies employ to defend, deny, and reduce the value of claims and uses this knowledge and experience to pursue the best possible outcome for his clients at Brown & Crouppen.
Justin is licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois and has been admitted to the bar of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, Southern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, and Western District of Oklahoma. Justin has extensive litigation experience and has handled all stages of litigation, from pre-suit investigations and demands through trial and appeal. He has also written and lectured on litigating uninsured and underinsured motorist claims in Missouri and Illinois.
Justin received his law degree from the Saint Louis University School of Law. While attending law school, Justin received the Dean’s Honors Scholarship in recognition of his academic success and an Academic Excellence Award in Criminal Procedure: Investigation. Justin participated in the National Health Law Moot Court Competition, where he placed as a semifinalist. Prior to law school, Justin graduated from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
When not practicing law, Justin enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, exploring new restaurants, and cheering on the St. Louis Blues and St. Louis Cardinals.
Areas of practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law — St. Louis, Missouri
Juris Doctor, Health Law Certificate, 2009
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville — Edwardsville, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Association of Justice
- Lawyer’s Association of St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- American Health Lawyers Association
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2017-2020
- “Will Full Benefits Parity Create Real Parity? – Congress’s Second Attempt at Ending Discrimination Against Mental Illness: The Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2008,” Saint Louis University Journal of Health Law & Policy, Vol. 3, Iss. 2, 2010
- “Settling Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claim,” National Business Institute, 2010 – Author/Presenter
Get the expertise and experience you need
Working with an experienced attorney like Justin is simple. Call us at 800-536-4357 for a free consultation, or tell us about your case with our Free Case Review form. And remember, there’s no upfront cost to you — if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.